Chapter sixteen: Fatal innovation

Chapter sixteen:

A/N: As Sojun’s zanpakuto is unknown to every one (except maybe Tite Kubo) I’m going to have to make up a zanpakuto for him. Forgive me.

As he unsheathes his sword, he swung it at me. My kick missed as he dodged. I blocked the sword with my hand and flash-stepped away.

“Harrow, Zetsumei Shigetsutan,” he said calmly. It formed into an urumi. An urumi was a long flexible sword made of steel.  He waved it and purple venom erupted from it. I quickly flash-stepped to dodge it in time as it whipped pass me. I ran, and used my reiatsu to jump high in the air. Then I zoomed down to Sojun to punch him.

As I zoomed, he swiftly waved his urumi towards me. I collided with its venom and I landed on the ground with my feet. I couldn’t move a muscle. It seemed that the venom’s ability was paralysis. As I was completely paralysed, Sojun took his chance and flash-stepped to me, cutting me deeply to my sides. Mind-numbing and bone shattering pain erupted inside of me. Blood slowly leaked from my body, drenching my white haori with crimson liquid.

I let out my reiatsu, so that I was no longer rooted to the spot. I flash-stepped. I had at least four deep and long cuts to my side. Sojun stood calmly. I drew my sword.

“Born and be untouchable, Hogoshaka,” I screamed. I swung my sword as a huge wave of flames sprung out my sword. I flash-stepped behind him as Sojun used his sword to block the fire. I swung swiftly at his back, succeeding. Blood leaked out from behind him. He turned around as the fire disappeared and whipped his urumi at me. His sword and mine collided at the same time. I flash-stepped back, only to realize that Sojun was already at my destination ready to strike. Our blades collided again, creating a huge sound of blades clashing.

“Did you know how I knew you were coming here?” he asked as our blades clashed once more.

“My zanpakuto has the ability to perceive my opponent’s intentions.” I didn’t say anything.

One technique Yoruichi taught me, was that if I were to ever face opponents who could guess what I was going to do, I flash-step everywhere as fast as I could.

I flash-stepped behind him. He knew I was going there so he swung his sword at me. As he did so, I flash-stepped in front and swung my blade as an enormous wave of fire erupted from my sword.

As the fire disappeared, I saw that Sojun was fatally injured. He was close now to dying. This was enough. He was nearly dead. This meant that I had already defeated him. I turned around, my back against him. I walked away from him, intending to leave.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he said. “This battle doesn’t end here. Don’t you think that it does.”

I turned around to see that Sojun was now barely injured.

“Your zanpakuto has regeneration?” I asked, not very much surprised.

“Isn’t it obvious?” he sneered.

“Tell me, have you achieved bankai yet?” I asked as I gripped my sword.

“No, but this isn’t my shikai.” He held his sword out in front of him, ready to strike.

“Annihilate, Zetsumei,” he said. His urumi evaporated into a humongous purple dragon. This was it.

“Burn to save peace, Hogoshaka!” My sword spilt in half and formed into two huge war fans, double the size of me, as I held them in each hand. Tiny daggers were visible in the folds. My eyes were scarlet now; burning as the Hotaru’s flames was dying to erupt inside of me.