Chapter twenty-two: Lack of Predomination

Chapter twenty-two: Lack of predomination

I spent the day in my room waiting for Ulquiorra. There was nothing else to do and I was looking forward to training. I tried to recall my dream last night; it was something I’d do every morning before waking up. But this morning I was having trouble. I sat on the window ledge like usual when I heard a door knock.

“Come in,” I said and the door opened. Ulquiorra stood there gazing at me.

“Are you ready?” he asked.

I nodded and he started walking. I left my zanpakuto in my room, deciding not to use it today. He led me across white hallways. We passed uncountable doors and the walk seemed to be endless.

“So, Ulquiorra, do you have a friend?” I asked.

“No, I don’t have one,” he said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Don’t need one,” he replied.

“Everyone needs a friend.”

He didn’t say anything for a few moments and kept walking. “Do you have a friend?”

I hesitated. “I used to have many friends. But now, I guess the only one I can call a friend is Gin-sama.”

Finally, we got outside the walls of a tower in Las Noches. The sky was blue again, with clouds drifting slightly. Ulquiorra was heading towards a dome like building. As we entered it, It looked so much larger inside, almost endless. The fake sky was seen above as if there were no ceiling.

“This is the only place, we are allowed to release our zanpakuto or as much reiatsu as we want within Las Noches,” he explained.

I glanced at him. “Aren’t you going to need a sword?”

“I don’t need it,” Ulquiorra said.

“Are you calling me weak?” I asked, slightly taken back.

“Indeed,” he simply said. “Seems like you don’t have one either.”

“No, I don’t. But I’m not calling you weak,” I said and without warning, I flash-stepped behind him and readied myself to kick him. But as my feet was about to collide with his, he turned around and was ready to attack back. I flash-stepped in front of him inches away and flung my fist to his face. He caught my hand and threw me to the other side of the dome.

He is strong, I thought and I kicked off the invisible wall, preventing myself from colliding with it. I kicked with force and brought my fists forward. Ulquiorra used Sonido to catch up with my speed and he jumped into the air. I looked up. Ulquiorra pointed a finger at me and a green energy ball was forming on his finger. I brought up my hand to block his destructive cero as it was blasted on me. I kept my balance but I was thrown back a couple of miles.