Chapter 1

*Jaylie's POV*

The hardships in life that people face aren't as bad as you think. Divorces, loss of a loved one? I'd take that anyday. They may be hard, but it's something you can get over

*flashback*

It was my 8th birthday. I woke up to the smell of chocolate chip pancakes.... my favorite. I sat forward and out of nowhere my father jumped out and tickled me.. "Happy birthday Jay" my father yelled as I giggled my little heart out.. I yelped as he picked me up and carried me down the hall to my chocolatey goodness.....

"I'll be right back Jaylie, eat up we've got a big day ahead of us."

We didn't have all the money in the world. But we were still able to make the best od everything.... We were a happy family. My mom, dad, my sister and I! Who could know that one person could change the course of someone's future?

My dad was always very fond of me. Sometimes he would say he loved me more than mom and that he was going to take us somewhere where it would just be the two of us. Somewhere where I would be even more happy. I was eight of course I liked the idea. My dad left me to eat in harmony to the one day of the year where its all about me.... the other 364 days belonged to my sister....

That's when the yelling began.

Next came a large BOOOOMMM

I ran down the hall to my parents bedroom. Did my eyes decieve me? There lie my father on the floor blood gushing from his chest. His eyes fluttered as he saw me enter.

"Jay I want you to listen to me everything will be alright.... I love you with all my heart and.........." BOOOOOOOOM. My das slumped to the ground. His face covered in red as the bullet had exited through his skull. There he lay in a pool of red, still as if he were a rock in a red stream. My eyes now pouring tears, hover over to my mother holding a pistol. Smoke blowing through the hole cause of the recent use.

The look on her face would forevermore remain in my brain. Her face was demonic. Like something you would see in the movies, only coming from the one who concieved me.

She looked over to her sobbing daughter. Her face only became more crazy. Rage filled her eyes as she was about to burst into flames.

"You!" she spat. "You're the cause of this! Some nerve he had to try and run away with all my money. And for what? A little bitch like you! HA!!!! I hardly think so. Jaylie you are going to pay."

I knew what was coming. She was going to hit me. Something she had never done before. She raised her hand, and I closed my eyes waiting for the blow. But the doorbell rang. She looked at me and smiled. Not a genuine, loving smile. A smirk of mischief.

"And I know just how your going to" she whispered as she was about to leave I spoke.

"Momma?" I question.

" Don't call me that! You're nothing but a whore child. Your father didn't love you. That.... is what he deserved." My eyes followed as she pointed to my deceased father.

"Why?" was all I could muster.

"Why? On your godforsaken birthday this man comes here to take all the money I have worked hard for.... Oh I doubt he would've gotten far. He wanted a life with you? HA, can you imagine someone wanting to spend the rest of their life with you!!!!" She started to laugh, no cackle lile the witch she is. " HA, I just did him a favor. Eight years I lived with you. Even I could barely stand it. I won't have to worry about that anymore!" She looked at my father one last time and shoved past me to get the door.

I dropped to my knees and sobbed. I cried until my tear ducts were dry. So I knelt with red, puffy eyes. I thought this was the worst. But if only I knew what was to come.