Chapter 40

Harry's POV

I wiped the blood off my forehead and reached above me to the nearest branch.

"Jaylie" I said raising myself off the ground.

"Stay away from me" she said as she begun to climb higher and higher.

"Jaylie stop, youre going to kill yourself!!!" I pleaded.

I don't understand why I keep following this girl around. Any other girl I wouldnt have cared less. Shes my friend, no.... Shes more than a friend.

I rested on the lowest branch in hopes she would stop, and I was right.

"Why do you keep running?" I asked.

"All I do is hurt people, or cause people to get hurt." She brings her bloody hand to her angelic face.

"No Jaylie. You dont hurt people. I hurt people" What the fuck is coming out of my mouth.

"Look at where we are now. I hurt Alex, I hurt Jake, I hurt you. Can I ever do anything right??" This time she looks down at me.

"Jaylie thats not your fault. Alex is just mentally ill--I belive--and Jake doesnt know when to back off." I concluded.

She stayed silent, looking up at the dawning sky. A gentle breeze caressed her cheeks and blew her hair back from her face.

"Come down here so I can take you home" I said motioning for her to come down.

But she stayed on the branch and pondered.

"Promise me you will try" She said looking down at me with those big blue eyes.

"Try what?" I asked confused.

"To be good, to try and make this work" She said motioning between us.

"I promise" I said quickly hoping she will come down.

"Trust is hard to earn Harry" she said looking back at the sky "and even harder to keep." And with that she climbed her way down, avoiding my touch. But she let me hold her waist to help her to the ground.

I kept my arm around my waist and directed her towards my car. Jaylies phone began to rang, I let her go so she could dig it out of her pocket.

Jaylie's POV

"Hello?"

"Thank God your alright" It was Perrie

"I'm fine"

"Harry called"

"Is that so" I said raising and eyebrow.

"He was so worried about you. Which made me worry and then I tracked your phone to see where you were"

"You tracked me?"

"Did I say tracked..... I meant... ummm"

"You have some explaining to do" I say stifiling a giggle

"Yeah I guess so, see you when you get home"

"Bye"

"Bye"

I returned to Harry's side and rested my head on his shoulder. All these emotional breakdowns are draining my energy. I tried to put my arm around Harrys shoulder forgetting about the scars curved into my skin. Both my arms were gross. One with glass from the vase, the other with lines of sorrow.

I don't know what has gotten into me. Becoming this emotional mess, I didnt escape hell just to be put through it again. This time I will prevail, no more crying over boys.

We finally reached the car and Harry walks me over to the passengers side. He opens the door, then the glove box to reveal a first aid kit.

"Has that always been there?" I said curiously.

"Ever since I started drinking" he admitted.

"Why did you start drinking?" My curiosity overpowering me.

"I tried to drown my demons, but they learned how to swim" He said looking at the ground.

"Then why do you keep drinking?"

"To forget about the pain for a little while" he said looking back at me.

I stand up and take the kit away from him. I hold his face in my hands and gently kiss his lips.

"Those who have hurt you in the past cannot continue to hurt you now unless you hold on to the pain through resentment" I say more for him than for me.

He placed his hands on the back of my neck and pulled me close.

"The only person who can hurt me now, is you?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh snap.... did.....Harry.....just.....say.....that......

Haha how did you like it. Still moving fast. If i dont then we will never get anywhere in this book. Speaking of books I am writing another one.... Please do check it out! Its called Surreal, Im pretty sure youll like it... Well I hope

Please do vote comment and I hope you enjoyed.

-T