Chapter 27

Jaylies POV

I sat in the damp cave staring at the candlelight hoping for sounds of splashing water. But none came.

I cant believe that jerk... leaving me all alone. I don't even know how to get out of here.

So I sit and wait, even though I know he's not coming back.

I look around at the cave, I can see why its a calming spot for Harry. He owes me a question fair and square. He could've politely refused or even just stayed silent. Instead he left.....

All the food I have eaten and exercise that occurred,  made me drowsy. My eye lids slowly covered my eyes. I layed down on the picnic blanket and wrapped myself in the thin material. And allowed sleep to overcome and take me under.

Harry's POV

After I exited the cave, I swam back to shore and sat next to our clothes.  Well mine,  Jaylie's seemed to be missing.

"Harry?" a males voice said.

I turned around to see none other than Alex.

"What the fuck are you doing here" I complain

"I was just going for a run... geesh" he looked afraid. Damn right he should be. I never liked him, ever since he moved in.

"Whatever" I say dismissing him. But he doesn't leave, instead he comes and sits next to me.

"Really" I huff and look at the sky.

"I saw you and Jaylie over here" he admits.

"So what... You're a stalker now?" I glare at him.

"So where is she" he asked ignoring my last statement.

"She's swimming" I lie.

"Ok fine" he said.

"Now will you leave me the fuck alone" I shout.

"Fine mate" he said holding his hands up in defense. He gets up from the sand and jogs off.

"Finally" I whisper into the wind.

It has dawned in me Jaylie didnt know how to get out of the cave.

"God Dammit" I scream and pinch the bridge of my nose in attempt to calm me down.

I cannot catch a break can I?

I run angrily towards the oncoming tide and dive into the water. I swim to the cave, and arrive in under 10 minutes.

I shake my wet curls and wipe the water from my eyes. I walk furiously towards whet I had set up the picnic, only to find Jaylie wrapped up in the blanket for warmth. All of my anger slowly subsides as I see her rest peacefully.

Her face riddled with discomfort and sorrow. Her lip begins to quiver as her body begins to shake. She screams so loud, it seems as if the echoes were screaming back at her.

I jump up and wrestle her until she is wriggling from beneath me.

"Jaylie" I yell. She continues to scream in terror, yet her eyes are closed.

"Jaylie" I scream one last time,  and she opens her eyes, wet with tears. Searching the cave for something,  but the confusion on her face shows she didnt find it.

"Are you alright?" I say concerned.

"Yeah fine" she said pushing me off her.

"Look I'm sorry!" I said looking at my feet.

"Whatever" she muttered.

"My past is just a touchy subject" I say, trying to amend for my absence.

"I should know" she whispered, I almost didn't hear her.

"How so?" I ask.

"Why should I tell you?" she growls looking over at me.

"I don't know" I say throwing my hands up in defeat.

"Look Jaylie.." I start, but she interrupts me.

"Can you just get me out of here" she says, getting up to her feet.

--------------------------------------------------------

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!! I made another short chapter to make up for my next like 4 days of absence.

Vote, comment, and enjoy

Thanks for all the reads

-T