Chapter 34

Jaylies POV

The boys eventually call us back over signaling that they were done setting it up. I move to the front of the group and pick up my new phone. I fumble with it until it is securely in my grasp.

"Maybe we should get you a life-proof case" Liam suggests. Laughing at my clumsiness. We take another 5 minutes to pick out a blue case and safely put it on my phone.

I turn on the power button and slide the screen (as it said to do so.) I have never really worked with electronics so this is a new experience for me.

"All of our numbers are already programmed into there" Liam adds.

"Thank you guys so much" I say hugging each one of them.

I sit down with Perrie on a bench as we let the rest go back to shopping. I open my calendar and program an alarm to wake me in time to go to training.

"Perrie?" I say. She responds with a "hmm" keeping her eyes on her phone.

"I got a job today" I say quickly.

"Thats great" she said glancing in my direction.

"I was wondering if you could drive me here tomorrow?" she turns her phone off and gives me her full attention.

"Sure, what time?" she asks.

"6:30am" I mumble.

"Your lucky I like you, I would never take anyone anywhere that early, but since its a special occasion I will." I squeal and hug her.

"I can't wait to tell the gang" she said picking up her phone.

"Wait" I said putting my hand on her phone. "Can we just keep this between us?"

"Why" she replied putting her phone onto her lap.

"Well you all have amazing jobs, and I'm working at a little pizza shop. I dont want to tell them yet. So can we keep this between us?" I beg.

"Fine" she said giving in. "But..." she starts "I get free pizza"

"Deal" I say hoping that's all right with Ed.

                                  The next Day

Perrie drops me off in the front of the mall. I wave goodbye. She starts to go but then hits reverse and rolls the window down.

"Call me when your done" she said. I nod and walk in.

Ed is already in his little shop prepping for today!

"Jasmine I'm glad your here" Ed says waving me over.

"Its Jaylie.. sir" I say looking at my feet.

"Im sorry" he giggles to himself. "Jaylie I will have none of that "sir" stuff, just Ed."

"Ok Ed, What are we going to do first." I ask tying my hair back.

"First I'm going to show you how to make the dough... The rest is simple!" he smiles.

He takes me into the back where everything is made and walks me through on how to make everything. The recipes are posted onto the wall so I dont forget. He also has a schedule when everything needs to be made.

After the dough is made we measure it out into portions and wrap them in Saran wrap.

"I already have pre-made dough for this occasion" he winks at me. I smile in response.

we flour one of the counters and rolls out the dough. He even has a template to make the dough the perfect size. He shows me how to swirl the sauce in the right motion. Two layers of cheese and then bacon, ham, and sausage (also known as the meat lovers pizza). I lift the pizza paddle things and put into the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes.

"This seems pretty easy" I reply.

"Sure" he shrugs his shoulders "Now let me show you how to run the cash register."

Theres a full menu with little barcodes for me to scan. The cash register beeps in response and plugs in the numbers.

"Ok pretend I'm a customer" he said trying to hop over the counter but miserably fails and falls to the floor.

I peer over stifling a laugh. "Are you ok?"

"That never happened" he said with a giggle of his own.

"You got it boss" I wink.

"Ok here goes." He turns around breathes in deeply then turns around.

"Hi how can I help you?" I say just as we rehearsed.

"Yeah can I get a slice of meat lovers pizza and a large coke." I nod and scan the two items.

"Anything else?" I ask with a smile.

"Thats all" he smiles back.

"Ok your total will be €6, will that be for here or to go." I say making eye contact.

"To go" he giggles excited by my success. He hands me pretend money and I play along and put it in the cash register.

I fold a single slice box and slide a piece in, fill up the soda and hand it to him.

"Well done Jaylie" he praises and takes a bite out of the pizza I made. "When can you start?"

"Whenever you need me" I say shrugging my shoulders.

"How bout tomorrow, the food court opens at 11:00" he questions.

"Sure" I say programming it into my phone.

"Here, I'll put in my number so I can contact you if I need you" he says. I hand him my phone and he moves his fingers quickly as if he's a pro.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I say walking out.

I dial Perries number and listen to the rings until she answers.

"Hey"

"Hey I'm done" I say

"Okay I Wil be there in 5 minutes" she hung up

I put my phone in my pocket and sat on the bench waiting for her.

"Jaylie wait" Ed screems.

"Yes" I say in the midst of laughter.

"Heres your uniform" he painted from running a full 10 feet. "I assume this will fit you, its the smallest we have"

"Thanks" I say admiring the fabric. A black shirt with green stripes. It wasnt too bad.

Perrie pulls in and I wave goodbye to Ed.

As soon as I got into the car I was bombarded with questions.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter!!!!

Jaylie finally got a job.....

If your confused on the days, this chapter was Friday and saturday.

Thanks for the 1.6k reads it means so much to me.. I honestly didnt think I would get passed 100 reads or even 10 for that matter.

Tell me what you think

Vote, comment, and thanks for reading

-T