Chapter 20

Harry's POV

I return to my room where Alyssa was in my bed sprawled across my mattress. I roll her over carelessly and sat at the edge of my bed.

Deep in thought I stared at the beige carpet. The lingering taste of my mothers..... Jaylies coffee was on my tongue. Alyssa turned and wrapped around my waist.

I pushed her off and stood up and moved to my desk. The old lamp flickered on at my touch.

Memories of my mom in a coma unknowingly entered my mind. I have blocked it out for so long.... its too much.

I grab a leather jacket and shuffle out of my room. I run past the kitchen and stop. Jaylie was sitting on the kitchen counter drinking another cup of Joe.

"What are you still doing up?" I say my voice hoarsed from my mental strain.

She jumped at the sound of my voice and almost fell off the counter. My arm stuck out and caught her. She blushes under my touch and pushed herself off.

"Thanks" she mumbles as she brings her coffee back to her lips.

"Where are you going so late?" she questions after her mug is all gone.

"You never answered my question" I reply.

"Fine,  I cant sleep, your turn" her eyes a fiery blue.

"Out for a drive" I motion to my keys in my hand and my jacket in the other.

"Oh ok" she said hopping down from the counter and rinsing her cup.

I nod and begin to walk out. Something stops me.... I don't know what..... but it did.

Jaylies POV

"Do you want to come along" he yawned.

I pause and think....

Anything is better than sitting and sulking. Why not, it will take your mind off things...

"Sure" I say. Following him silently out the door.

"I don't understand you" he breaks the silence as he starts his car.

"so?" I calmly reply.

"You infuriate me" he spits as he pulls out of the driveway.

"You don't even know me" I huff and look out the window.

"Not you... I mean... fuck... I mean you. Ugh, you wont understand" he clenched his fists against the steering wheel.

"Try me" I say, my eyes shifting to look at him.

"No"

"Why not? Shouldn't I get to know why you hate me?" I began to feel irritated.

"I don't hate you" his voice became quiet. Almost to a whisper.

"You made it quite clear the first day I got here."

"Well I don't" he yelled.

"Bipolar much" I mumbled.

"What the fu.... never mind." he came quiet again. But his white knuckles said enough for the silence beginning to creep.

I return my head to the window.

"Your different" he speaks.

"Different?" I question.

"Yeah, your different from all the sluts around here. You... you want more out of life than them. I don't know... Everyone around here is just the same. What makes me so angry... I just can't figure you out!" he yells in frustration and parks into the familiar abandoned parking lot.

"What wrong with that" I question.

"Fuck... I don't know?" he said getting out of the car.

I stay hoping he just parked here to cool off.

"You coming?" he said opening my door.

"Yeah, whatever" I say hopping out, closing the door behind me. I lean against the car.

"Follow me" he said. His tone not really giving me another option.

I did the last thing I thought I would do..... I followed Harry into the field... again.

--------------------------------------------

Short chapter again sorry.

Sorry I haven't been updating club volleyball is almost over so I should have a regular schedule going soon.

Vote, comment, message me... anything... I love getting feedback

-T