Chapter 17

I woke up with a jolt and felt Nialls arm draped around my petite body. His snoring went from light to loud. He must be tired.....

I had the same dream again. This time I didnt scream, this time I knew what was happening..... And I couldn't stop it

I carefully undid myself from Niall trying my best not to wake him up. He fluttered and grabbed my warm pillow instead.

I picked up my robe and tiptoed out of the room. I tossed it in my room as i passed by and made my way down to the kitchen. Everyone else had gone to bed.

I went straight to the coffee machine and started brewing. I sat on the stool and I waited. The clock on the microwave said 8:00pm.

Five mintues later my coffee was done. After Eleanor showing me the ropes, I had brewed my very own cup of coffee. I took the milk and sugar and put the perfect amounts to balance the bitterness from the coffee beans.

"Isn't it a little late for coffee?" Alex says.

I almost drop my warm perfection.

"Jesus Alex" I pant, ever since this morning I have been on edge.

"Sorry to startle you" he chuckled.

"Its fine and its never too late for coffee" I joke taking a sip. The warm liquid ran down my throat, putting my mind at ease.

"Apparently its never to late for pants either!" he chuckles as I turn around so he couldn't look at my butt.

"Is that..... Nialls shirt?" he questions anger riddled through his voice.

"Oh would you look at that" I say afraid of what's going to happen next.

Without another word he storms up the stairs. I set down my coffee and sprint after him. He slams open the door to Nialls room and starts yelling.

"NIALL" He screams. Nialls eyes shoot open, before he could react Alex's hands were on his throat.

"Get off of me" he spat through a hoarsed tone.

"You promised!" he continued to scream.

"Get off of him" I yell as well. My voice came out weak and pathetic.

I rush to try and pull his arms off Nialls neck.

"I didnt do anything" Nialls face started becoming purple.

"Alex, get off of him, your hurting him!" I scream as everyone crowded around.

I lunge at Alex a newly found courage dwelled within me. He dropped Niall, rage in his eyes and slapped me.

I cried out in pain and stumbled backwards. Falling onto the floor.

Alex's eyes softened as he saw what he did. He started walking towards me but I scooted backwards as he got closer afraid he would hurt me again.

"Jaylie I'm...." before he could finish Niall punched Alex hard in the face!

"Don't you touch her like that" Niall and Alex got in a full on fight.

Zayn and Liam had to pull each other away before they could kill each other.

"How could you sleep with her!" Alex yelled.

"I didnt" he yelled back

"Then why is she wearing you shirt and no pants?" all eyes turn to me but I cower in protest.

"She slept in here, she didnt want to sleep alone!!!" he fired "She didnt have any clothes and she was as tired as it is, so I lent her one of my shirts!" He further explained.

Alex's eyes trailed to me, his eyes became glossy.

"Jaylie I'm so sorry"

"Just leave me alone" I cry in pain. Niall riggles out of Zayn's grip and walks over to me. I accept his hand as he takes me to the kitchen. Leaving Alex, and everyone else with confused stares.

One hand in Nialls and the other on my cheek. He picked me up and sat me on the counter in front of him. He turned to the freezer and brought out an ice pack.

He peeled my hand slightly and gently pressed the ice pack to my face..

I wince.

"Damn, he hit you hard. Its already turning purple" Anger coincides with his soft eyes.

"Im sorry the whole fight ever happened" I whimper, the pain almost unbearable.

"Its not your fault!" his tone lightens.

"Yes it is!" I say "Ever since I came here, I have been nothing but trouble!"

"Thats not true"

"Yes it is, you've lost money and other stuff"

"So, we have plenty of money. And we didnt loose anything, we gained a friend" he smiles.

I stay quiet and look down at my dangling feet.

He lifted up my chin with his other hand. He looked at me and cheekily smiled.

"What" I can't help but laugh.

"Nothing" he says.

I looked at his eye as it started to purple.

"Oh... Niall" I say taking the ice pack from his hand and placed it gently on his eye. He silently thanked me.

"Jaylie?" I hear Alex's voice. I jump from the counter and cower behind Niall.

"Jaylie.... Im really.." Niall cut him off.

"She doesn't want to hear it" he says for me.

"How do you know did she say that?" Alex's voice became hostile.

"No but we both know she doesn't want to talk to you" he replies, his tone neutral.

"I want to hear it from her" he points to me.

Niall turns around and whispers to me "You don't have to"

I step in front of him and open my mouth.

"Alex...." I stumble for words.

He takes a step towards me. At the same time I take a step back and run into Nialls chest. He steadies me as I almost fall.

"I forgive you..." I finally say

He starts to talk but I hold up my hand to silence him.

"But.... I would appreciate if you would leave me alone for a little while" The smile that had formed quickly went away.

"Oh...." he said as I turned back to Niall "Im sorry as well Niall"

Niall kept his eyes on me. "Yea, yea whatever"

Alex trudged in defeat up to his room as Niall and I stood silent.

"You didn't have to do that" Niall said.

"Yea I did..... Im not worth fighting over... And I didnt want it to happen again"

"But you are" Niall whispers.

"I am what?" i said confused.

"Worth it"