19| Immortal

***

"I'm not changing my nickname. I like Speedy." Thea declared after Cisco's constant insisting.

"Are you familiar with my body of work?" Cisco asked in disbelief. "If you are, then you know I can come up with something so much better than Speedy."

"Why don't you get a haircut? And then maybe we can talk about it."

"I think you're just mad because my conditioner game is on point." Cisco countered causing everyone to laugh. After that exchange Oliver walked over to the bar and I decided that now was a good time to catch up with Oliver, especially after everything happened to us at Nanda Parbat.

"I'll be right back." I told Thea as I stood up and walked over to Oliver who was standing at the bar. "Hey."

"Hey." Oliver replied as he poured himself a drink. I dan't really talked to Oliver in a while and I could already see how different he was starting from the fact that he was actually smiling.

"You're different." I told him. "A good kind of different."

"I am different."

"Well I'm really happy for you Oliver." I said as Oliver poured me another drink. "Things with you and Felicity seem to be going really well."

"Yeah at first I thought that coming back into the city would complicate things, but we're better than ever." He explained with a small smile on his face.

"As Felicity's friend I just have to ask. That and I'm just extremely curious. Have you thought about taking the next step?"

Oliver look down and nodded before pulling a small velvet box out of his pocket. "Actually I have." My eyes widened as he opened the box revealing the engagement ring.

"Oliver." I said softly. "I'm so happy for you guys. Wow, I never thought I would tell my husband that I'm happy that he's going to marry someone else."

Oliver chuckled as he slipped the the box into his pocket. I had to admit that it was nice seeing Oliver finally relaxed after all these years that he's spent tormented. "How about you?"

"What about me?" I asked, although I knew what he was referring to.

"Yeah, how are things with you?"

"Well as good as they can get. I mean things have gotten pretty crazy lately." I told him although that wasn't the answer he was looking for. "Ollie I wanted to ask you something."

"Oh, no. You only call me Ollie when you're worried."

I rolled me eyed at his response, but still continued. "Have you heard from Roy?" I asked him and he suddenly stiffened. "I haven't been able to get in touch with him for a couple of months now. So yeah, I guess I am worried. Extremely worried actually."

"No. I haven't heard anything from him." He replied looking down at his drink. "I'm sure he'll get in contact with you soon."

"Yeah, I guess your right." I said before Barry walked over to us. Realizing that there was a much needed conversation between the two of them I decided it was best to leave them alone. "I'll leave you two." Taking my seat next to Thea I could see there were so many questions in her eyes. "Okay spill."

"Well I wouldn't know where to start considering that there have been so many things you need to catch me up on." She stated as she took a sip of her drink with a mischievous look in her eyes.

"I would like to propose a toast." Oliver stated as he stood at the front of the room alongside Felicity with a drink in hand. "I wish it wasn't just the dark times bringing us together..."