23| Enter Cheshire

***

"I'm so glad this is over." Felicity said as she released a sigh of relief. "Don't get me wrong I love when we get to together I just wish it wasn't because of someone who wants to kill us."

"Well maybe next time we all get together it's over something good" I agreed as the two of us walked towards her car.

"That reminds me!" She suddenly exclaimed as she suddenly began looking through her bag. "This is for you." Felicity declared as she pulled out an invitation and handing it over to me. "It's for the holiday party that we're having for Oliver's mayoral campaign, but don't tell Oliver he doesn't know about it yet."

I looked down at the invitation and smiled remember the annual Christmas parties that the Queens used to host. "It's been a long time since we had a Christmas party."

"Holiday party." Felicity immediately corrected. "It's a holiday party. I'm Jewish, so it has to be a holiday party to include me."

"Right a holiday party."

"But, you are coming right?"

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it." I assured her as Barry and Oliver walked over to us.

"Diane can I talk to you?" Oliver asked but it was more of an order as he walked away leaving me to follow behind him. "I need to talk to you about...about my...son." He stated as he looked behind me to look at Felicity who was animatedly talking to Barry.

"Don't worry I won't tell her." I told him already knowing where he wanted to go with this conversation. "But that doesn't mean I think you shouldn't."

"Diane it's not that simple." Oliver argued and I could see how much this news was affecting him. "I talked to William's mother..."

"William?" I repeated with a smile at his son's name.

"Yeah, his name is William." Oliver said as he smiled to himself. "As I was saying she doesn't want anyone to know, and I agree with her. It's better this way it keeps him safe. We made an agreement that I would be able to visit him whenever I wanted, and I'll make sure that he's take care for."

"That's great Oliver." I told him as I placed as reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks." Oliver said before his expression turned serious again. "I also wanted to talk about something else with you. It's about what Barry said...about if you..."

"If I would give up my life for yours?" I finished saying and he simply nodded in response. "I would do it in a heartbeat."

Then I was suddenly surprised by the fact the Oliver pulled be into a hug, but I didn't hesitate to hug back. "I would do the same for you." The moment was gone as quickly as it happened as Oliver pulled away and straightened up. "Barry and Felicity are waiting."

"Well lets not keep them waiting." I replied as we both walked back over to them. We all said out final good-byes before Barry and I walked over to the S.T.A.R. Labs van where Caitlin and Cisco were already waiting.

"Finally you two!" Cisco exclaimed once we got into the van. "We were beginning to get worried."

***

"I think we all need a vacation." Cisco declared as we began to walk towards the entrance of S.T.A.R. Labs.

"Cisco people in our line of work don't get vacations." I countered the suddenly all of our phones went off. As we pulled them out it showed that one of the security alarms went off, we all shared a glance before running into the building. Barry rushed in before us, and when the rest of us made it into the Cortex we were met with a very irritated Barry.