53| Battlefield*

***

The entire team was gathered in the Cortex trying to come up with any possible ideas or plans to find Zoom. But after an hour we had nothing, and although most if not all of us were feeling extremely discouraged. Everybody but Barry.

I was sure everybody was as mentally drained as I was, and the break we needed came when a security alarm went off. Cisco said something under his breath before heading over to the closest computer to silence the alarm and see what had set it off.

"Mercury Labs. It's under attack." Cisco stated and nothing else had to be said before Barry was gone. We all gathered around the desk in case Barry needed our help but he was back within five minutes Dr. McGee as his side. We all looked at Barry for some sort of explanation as to why he had brought Dr. McGee to S.T.A.R. Labs but he simply turned to face our unexpected visitor.

"All right. So how did you know?" Barry asked as he turned towards Dr. McGee who seemed completely calm about this whole situation even though the company she has worked her whole life in was now a pile of rumble.  

"Your real identity?" She asked as she looked at everyone in the room. 

"Yeah."

"Come on, Barry, I'm a scientist. We're paid to be perceptive. And you're always a little too well informed when things go pear-shaped in this city." Dr. McGee explained before turning towards Henry. "But I don't believe we've ever met before. Dr.Christina McGee."

"Doctor Henry Allen." He in introduced himself with a smile causing Caitlin and I to look at each other beginning to see where this might be going. "I'm Barry's father."

"Okay, now that the cat's out of the bag, did you happen to see who it was that cause your building to collapse?" Barry continued to interrogate completely oblivious of the interaction between Dr. McGee and his father.  

"I didn't see anything. It happened so fast." She replied cooly.

"Maybe the security cameras caught something?" I suggested turning to the woman that Caitlin and I had worked for almost a year ago. "Can we access them by any chance?" 

"Mercury Labs does have a Crash-Survivable Memory Unit." Dr. McGee recalled.

"A what?" 

"Virtually a black box for buildings. It will have stored all the security footage right up until the building collapsed."

"Okay, great, I'll go find it." Barry stated eagerly. 

"This wasn't some random meta-human." Joe told us deep in thought. "Whenever Mercury Labs has been targeted in the past there's always been a specific reason."

Cisco nodded in agreement "Yeah, someone's after something."

"Yes, and that someone is probably Zoom." Caitlin continued.

"There may be one more possibility." Dr.McGee interjected. "A few months ago, I saw Harrison Wells running out of my facility.I know it sounds crazy, but I'm certain it was him. Is there any way he could have anything to do with this?"

"A few months ago? Sure." Harrison stated as he entered the room. "Now? No."

"Yeah, there are a few more things that we could catch you up on, Dr. McGee." 

***

Caitlin and I were in the kitchen at S.T.A.R Labs a place that was hardly ever touched unless you were Caitlin to had a knack of hiding her snacks in here hoping that Cisco would never find them.