Ch. 9

Esmeralda's POV- September 2016

"Hey"

I looked up and used the sleeve of my hoodie to wipe my face. All the interns had started their internship on September 14. I happened to have a midterm that day, at the same time that North America so I asked Erik who was an intern for Team Finland to trade time slots with me. He had a midterm at the same time that Finalnd was getting interviewed. I talked with Jake, Team North America's media director and he said it was fine as long as Michelle, Team Finland's media director was fine with it. She was fine with it, so it was agreed upon that I would start my internship with Team Finland. It had not been long since that happened, but I was starting to think I should have stayed with Team Finland. The team and the other interns were incredibly nice, I'm not saying Team North America was not nice but I was not getting along with one of the interns.

"You ok?"

I shook my head and sniffled.

"Pierre is a dick for doing that"

"This is so embarrasing" I mumbled.

"Those pictures were taken without your consent when you were a minor"

I had a fan my freshmen year of college that became obsessed with me. While he was being investigated, the authorities found pictures and videos that he had taken of me while I was showering. I had a restraining order and all, but the video and some pictures had somehow leaked. Yesterday before the teams practice I was helping George set out some hockey equipment (waterbottles and hockey sticks) when Pierre showed up late, again, for the second time. George had jokingly asked him how he got the internship when he had been late to everything so far (he really had been late to everything, he was late to the orientation, as well as Media Day, and yet here he was showing up late on the second day of the internship). I giggled and I guess he felt offended so he decided to ask me who I slept with to get the internship. George is incredibly protective of me, so I was not surprised when he punched Pierre across the face. Jake has witnessed it all, so he called all 3 of us in. He sent all 3 of us home, but told Pierre not to show up anymore.

"Let's talk about something else"

I sniffled and looked at him.

"Like what?" I asked.

"What exactly are you majoring in?"

"Bioengineering" I told him.

He looked at me a bit surprised.

"And you're graduating on time?"

I nodded.

"Well aren't you a smart cookie"

I shrugged lightly earning a chuckle from him.

"What do you need to finish off your major?"

"My senior seminar" I stated.

"So are you writing a thesis?"

"Something like that, I get to do research and write my findings" I told him.

"That's pretty cool, so what do you plan on doing after if you don't mind telling me?"

I shook my head.

"No, I just don't really know what exactly I want to do" I admitted.

"What are your options?"

"I don't know if I want to Grad school to pursue my masters in Engineering, or if I want to go to Pharmacy school to become a pharmacist" I stated.

He hummed and glanced up when a throat was cleared. I looked up to see Auston standing by the doorway. When I had seen him about 30 minutes ago he was dressed for practice, but now he was only wearing gear from his waist down except his hockey skates.