Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Hey, Juliana. Can you come over? I need to ask you something," I said into the phone.

I was back in New York and at my aunt's house. I left California last night with James and got in this morning. I called Juliana to tell her about the deal I made, but I thought it would be better if I told her in person.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be over soon," she agreed.

"Okay. See you in a few."

I hung up the phone and went back to putting my clothes into my suitcase. James had packed all of his things last night before we left California. He was now on his way to the airport to buy the three tickets we were going to need. I finished packing my tops and moved onto my bottoms.

The radio next to my bed was softly playing music. The song that was currently playing was Say Something by A Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera. She performed this song with them while I was on the Voice. When I heard the song, I fell in love with it. I've been listening to it non-stop ever since then.

"Say something, I'm giving up on you..." I sang along with the music as I continued to pack.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would've followed you. Say something, I'm giving up on you."

My phone vibrated from inside my back pocket. I took it out to see I had a text from Kerri. It's been a few weeks since I've talked to her. I hope I'll get to see her when I'm on tour with the boys.

From Kerri:
Hey girl! I haven't talked to you in ages. How've you been?

To Kerri:
I'm good. But, it's only been two weeks since I last talked to you.

From Kerri:
And to me that's a lifetime.

I smiled to myself at her response. I really miss her, and the rest of the girls, too. I miss Kerri the most, though. I don't know why, it's just I grew closer to her more than I did with the rest of the girls. I tell Kerri everything. She's kind of like the sister I never had. I haven't talked to the rest of the girls since I auditioned for the Voice, and they haven't talked to me either. I feel like they might be mad at me for something. If they are, I don't know what I did wrong. But if they aren't, then why haven't we talked. My phone vibrated again.

From Kerri:
So, what's new?

Did the boys already tell her about the tour? They probably did, but if they didn't, I might as well tell her.

To Kerri:
You remember how I came in second place on the Voice?

From Kerri:
Yeah, but that's no longer new.

To Kerri:
No, but this has to do with that. Turns out I'm going to be touring as One Direction's opening for eight months.

I waited a few minutes for Kerri to text me back, but she never did. Instead, she called me. I answered the phone and before I could say anything, Kerri was yelling in my ear.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" she loudly asked.

"I thought the boys already told you," I confessed.

"Oh, they did. I was just waiting for you to tell me before I said anything."

"When did you find out?"

"Yesterday. Natalie called me and told me. I went over to Zayn's house with everyone else. All of the girls know and the lads obviously."

"Well, yeah. I know the boys know. Harry tweeted about it yesterday."