Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Happy Birthday Ellie!" Louis yelled once I got out of Kerri's car. The lads crowded around me along with the 5SOS boys.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"C'mon El. It's your eighteenth birthday. You're crazy if you thought we weren't coming here," said Niall.

"Yeah, girl. You're legal now, and I'm buying you your first drink. So let's go," said Kerri.

She grabbed my arm and dragged me into the club. I felt so awkward. I've never been to a club before. How was I supposed to act? I'll probably just stand in the corner all night since I can't dance to save my life. I don't really want to drink either. I mean I don't want to get drunk and regret something in the morning. Not to mention, that massive hangover I'll get too. I'll try to go easy with the alcohol because I know Kerri really wants to buy me my first drink. I'll do my best to stay sober through the night. Hopefully, it will work.

Kerri took me to the back of the club where the bar was. We sat down on the stools while the rest of our group scattered. Hope, Liam, Harley, and Niall were on the dance floor. Sabby, Louis, and Harry were at the bar with us, and the rest of the group was busy trying to find a table or something. The bartender came up to us and smiled.

"What can I get you, ladies?" he asked Kerri and me.

I looked over the menu but I didn't know how to read any of it. So I kind of just gave up.

"Well, today is my friend's eighteenth birthday. This is her first drink. What would you recommend?" Kerri asked him.

"Oh, that's an easy one. What you want is the Red Queen."

He turned away from us and started to prepare my drink. I wasn't too excited about this. Harry was sitting next to me already drinking what he ordered. He smirked at me as he took another sip.

"You want some," he asked offering me his glass. The smell of the liquid made my nose scrunch up. I pushed the cup away.

"No, thanks," I replied.

He chuckled before taking another gulp. The bartender came back over with my drink in his hand. He set it in front of me and smiled. I stayed still. The drink was sitting only a few inches away from me and I could smell it as if it was right in front of my nose. It smelt strong but a little better than Harry's drink. I glanced over at Kerri and she nodded. I looked around for Louis, but he was now on the dance floor with Sabby. I glanced over at Harry and he smiled.

"If you don't drink it, I will," he teased.

I slowly raised my hand and took the glass. As it got closer to me, the smell grew stronger. I raised the glass up to my mouth and took a sip. The liquid burned my throat once I swallowed. It didn't taste that bad. It kind of tasted like cherries and, well, alcohol.

"So, do you like it?" asked Kerri.

I nodded. "It's okay," I smiled.

She cheered before leaving to tell everyone. I turned to Harry and he smiled at me.

"So, you like it?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's not that bad."

"Let me try it." I slid my glass in front of him and he took it. He brought the drink to his lips and took a sip. He nodded as he set it back in front of me. "Not bad. I think I'll order that next."

I took another sip of my drink. I set it in front me and folded my hands in my lap. I felt kind of insecure wearing this dress. I mean, nobody's perfect. I still haven't fully developed my confidence yet, but what do you expect I'm a teenage girl. That's what I do. I criticize little things about myself every day. I try to stop myself from doing it but that doesn't always work.