Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Today was a long day. After Harry bought me the bathing suit, he took us out to lunch. Kat and Kaylee were ecstatic. I, on the other hand, could have went without it. I mean it was sweet of Harry to treat my friends and me to lunch but it was also kind of awkward. I got stuck sitting next to Harry because Kat and Kaylee insisted on it. Plus, they just wouldn't take no as an answer. I didn't talk much the entire time. When I did, only two or three words came out of my mouth at a time.

Well, that's over now and I'm sitting in my room at Niall's flat. He's out somewhere with Harley so I have the house to myself. I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop in front of me. I was scrolling through my Twitter feed. You can tell I'm bored out of my mind.

I could write a new song, but I don't have any inspiration right now. I could call Lilly or Nick, but they're in school right now. Ugh, this is so hard. I could Skype Luke. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

I logged out of Twitter and opened Skype. Luke was online. I requested a video call and within five seconds he accepted. I smiled as his face appeared on the screen.

"Hey, El!" he greeted.

I waved. "Hi, Luke."

"What's up? How's tour going?"

"Good I guess. It hasn't started yet. I've pretty much been in the recording studio showing Simon Cowell what my style is like. We play our first show on Monday."

"That's the day after your birthday. Must be one hell of a birthday present," he chuckled.

I nodded. "You have no idea."

"So what else have you been up to?"

"Well, I was on the Alan Carr show this morning. I performed one of my songs and had an interview. Adam Levine was there and Kat and Kaylee. Do you remember them? I haven't seen them in so long."

"Sounds like you're having a great time."

"Yeah, it's been fun so far. What have you been up to?"

"Oh you know, just getting ready for exams and stuff, babe. Nothing that interesting," he shrugged.

He's lying. Shit!

"What classes do you have your exams in?"

"Uh...Computer Engineering and Media Software."

"If you need any help, I'm always here," I smiled.

"Thanks, sweetheart. I appreciate it."

He's lying again.

"Hey, I have to go. I was studying when you called," he said.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later," I nodded.

"I love you, babe."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. "I love you too," I whispered.

Luke smiled before ending the call. This is awful. He said he loved me, but he also lied about it. He called me "babe" at the end. He was lying. Why would he say that if he didn't mean it? It doesn't make sense, but I said it back and it was also a lie. I don't love Luke. I can't. I love Harry, but I'm dating Luke. He lies to me all the time. How could I ever love him? It's impossible.

I shut my laptop and laid back on the bed. I closed my eyes and thought about everything.

My life is finally starting to get better. Besides Luke, but I'll deal with that later. Ever since I left London to live in New York, my life has been incomplete. It's obvious why. I left a family behind. Louis, Jay, Mark, Lottie, Fizzy, Daisy, and Phoebe. And now I have two new editions to that family. Doris and Ernest. This is amazing.