Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"That was amazing!" exclaimed Kaylee.

"I know! I never thought I would be a guest on the Alan Carr show!" smiled Kat.

The three of us were currently sitting in Starbucks. I'm not a big fan of coffee but they do have tea here. The interview ended about an hour ago. Since I haven't seen Kat or Kaylee in a while, Louis thought it was a good idea to hang out with them before tour started.

"Well believe it. And trust me that interview was the first of many," I said.

Kat took a sip of her iced mocha as Kaylee talked. "It was so nice how the boys asked us to come and surprise you. They even got Adam to come too. They must really care about you."

What? I thought Alan was the one who arranged everything. Or maybe James. Not the boys.

"Wait, the lads asked you to come here?" I asked.

Kat nodded. "Yeah, but mostly Harry. He practically begged us to come. He just wouldn't take no for answer. Not that I said no or anything. I'm really surprised he got Adam, though. He's been really busy writing for his next album."

I can't believe this. Harry did all of this for me. I honestly wasn't expecting that. I really owe him one.

"So what's going on with you and Harry?" smirked Kaylee.

I almost spit my tea out. I set my cup down and looked at her. "What do you mean?"

"Oh come on. It's so obvious," smiled Kat.

"Yeah. There's definitely something going on with you too," Kaylee said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Have I ever told you why I left England to live in America?" I asked. To be honest, I really can't remember if I did or not.

They shook their heads. "No, don't you remember? I tried asking you once and you yelled at me to never talk about it again," explained Kat.

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that. Uh, well I guess I'll have to tell you then."

Kaylee looked at me wide-eyed. "Really? Are you sure? You don't have to. It's okay."

"No. You two deserve to know," I insisted.

"Okay?" said Kat as she took another sip of her drink. I let out a sigh. This is it. I knew I would have to tell them sooner or later, and right now is as good a time as any.

"I'm Louis Tomlinson's little sister," I said.

They looked at me as if I had three heads. I know how crazy it sounds at first. I'm the sister of one fifth of the biggest boy band in the world, but it's true. Some people just need proof.

"What?" asked Kaylee in disbelief.

"It's a long story."

"We've got time," shrugged Kat. She folded her arms across her chest and waited for me to explain.

"When I was born, my birth mother gave me up for adoption. The details on why are a bit too personal. Let's just say she couldn't keep me without everyone thinking she was dependent. I had no idea who she was until last year around this time. I won this contest to stay with Louis. I met his family and the lads. Right away, Jay knew I was her daughter. Anyway, Louis and Harry knew, and they didn't bother to tell me the truth. Once Jay finally told me, it was too late. I had grown to trust them too much. If they would have told me sooner, it would have been different. I wouldn't have left."

I looked at them for any sign of emotion. They were completely lost in my words, waiting for me to continue. I sighed. I always hated telling people this story.