Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Baby be with me so happily."

The boys finished singing one of their new songs. I was waiting in the studio watching their smiling faces.

Now that I had forgiven Louis and Harry, they seemed a lot better. Happier. Louis wouldn't stop smiling. He was overjoyed and it was completely noticeable.

Harry didn't seem as happy as Louis, though. The smile would fade from his face every so often when they sang certain songs. He was still broken. I know that. He'll remain broken until I work up the courage to end things with Luke. I want Harry to be with me. I really do, but I don't think I could end everything so suddenly with Luke.

The boys piled out of the booth and into the studio. Simon, Tom, and I were applauding for them. They were smiling from ear to ear. Louis walked up to me and wrapped his warm arms around me. I hugged him back and rested my head against his chest. He pulled back from me after a few more seconds.

"I got a call from Mum. She doesn't know you're in town yet. I was thinking we could go visit her. She would be happy to see you," he said.

I didn't take a moment to hesitate. "Of course! That would be great. I miss her."

Louis smiled down at me. He slung his arm around my shoulders and turned to face the rest of the boys. "Who wants to come to our mum's house with us? There's some people I'd like you lads to meet." I looked up at him confused. Meet who?

All four boys raised their hands like little kids. I playfully rolled my eyes at them. They ran out the door and down the hall to the front of the building.

"I'll see you guys later then," said Simon. Louis and I nodded. "Keep them out of trouble, Ellie."

"No worries, Simon. You can count on me," I giggled.

Louis bent down and I climbed onto his back. We ran out the door after the lads. We reached the parking lot and found the boys already in their cars ready to go.

"You can ride with me if you want," offered Louis.

I nodded. "Okay."

Louis walked us over to his car and set me down on the pavement. He unlocked the car, and we both climbed into our seats. The other boys had already left for Jay's house. Louis started the engine and we were off.

Most of the ride was quiet, aside from Louis faintly cursing at horrid drivers in front of him. I leaned my head against the window as he drove. Music was softly playing from the speakers in the car. After a few more minutes of silence, Louis cleared his throat.

"So uhh...w-what made you decide to forgive Harry and me?" he asked.

I wasn't really expecting him to ask me that. I picked my head up from the window and gave him a small smile. He briefly returned it before turning his eyes back to the road.

"I realized that being angry with you two for almost a year was kind of pointless. I know you were just trying to wait for the right moment to tell me. I'm sorry for being such a bitch."

Louis stopped at a red light and turned to face me. "Ellie, don't ever call yourself that again. You are not a bitch. You were just scared and overwhelmed by everything that was happening. You had a right to be mad. I'm sorry I kept it a secret from you."

"I'm just happy to have my big brother back. I missed you so much," I smiled.

Louis turned his attention back to the light as it flashed green. We started to speed down the road once again. "And I'm happy to have my little sister back. I missed you more than you will ever know."