Chapter 42

Chapter 42~ Harry's POV

Staying angry at Ellie was starting to become a challenge. That song she wrote was obviously about me. It broke my heart. Seeing her running out of the room made it worse. She was broken. I'm the one who caused that. What's up with this shit? First the dress and now this. She's just trying to make me feel guilty.

*flashback*

I was frustrated. Ellie hadn't told Louis about us this morning. She's probably hoping I'll change my mind and take her back. Once I know that picture is nothing, I will. But until then, we will remain separated. I don't care if I'm being too harsh. I've been hurt in the past and I don't want that to happen again.

I stomped down the hallway to my hotel room and pulled the room key out of my back pocket. The door opened and I walked inside. I flicked the light on and my attention was directed to the bed.

There was orange fabric laying on it. I slowly approached it to get a better look. Whatever it was, it was completely ruined. I picked up the fabric and was about to throw it away before I noticed a folded paper laying under it. I laid the orange thing back down and picked up the paper. It was a note.

Harry,

Ellie is telling you the truth. You need to realize that before she moves onto another person. She won't wait forever, lad.

Paul

I was confused. What does this orange piece of nothing have to do with Ellie. I dropped the paper on the bed and picked up the fabric again. I held it up the way I think it should go.

It looked like a piece of clothing. Maybe a woman's shirt or something. The colour reminded me of the bathing suit I bought Ellie. It was sunset orange.

The clothing fell from my hands once I realized what it was. It was Ellie's dress. She wore it last night on our date. I loved this dress on her. Now, it's destroyed. She ruined it. I don't understand. Why would she do that?

*end flashback*

I drove my Range Rover with Louis, Niall, and Zayn with me. Liam stayed back at Louis' flat just in case Ellie went back. Driving up and down the streets of London wasn't doing us any good. If she would just answer her phone, we could find her sooner.

Louis pulled his phone away from his face and sighed. "She's not answering," he muttered.

"Here, let me try."

I took my phone out of my pocket and quickly dialed Ellie's number before I was caught by the police. I pressed the phone to my ear and listened as it rang. What am I doing? If she won't answer any of the lads, she most definitely won't ans-

"What?" she snapped.

She answered! "Where are you?" I asked her. Louis looked at me with hopeful eyes. Niall and Zayn probably did too, but I couldn't see them since they were in the backseat.

"None of your damn business."

The line went dead. She hung up on me. I pulled my phone away from my ear.

"Well? Where is she?" asked Zayn.

"She didn't tell me. She hung up."

I handed Louis my phone. "That's okay. We can track her from your phone," he said.

I nodded. Louis pushed a few buttons on my phone before the GPS screen showed up. It gave us the location of Ellie's phone. Finally, we got her.

I drove down the street looking everywhere. The phone said she was at a Starbucks. She could leave any minute, though. I skimmed the people on the sidewalks, looking for anyone suspicious. I saw a few people running. Probably out exercising. I drove farther down the street. I saw a person walking down the street. It looked like a girl. She was by herself. Her hood was up, head was down, and her hands were in her pockets. I didn't give it a second glance.