Chapter 6

Chapter 6~ Harry's POV

She sounded beautiful. I've missed that angelic voice for so long. Now I have the pleasure of hearing it again. I know I've been down in the dumps lately, but something about her voice makes me forget about it. It's like she's a drug to me. The way she sings makes me feel like jelly. I love the way she loses herself in a song. She closes her pretty blue eyes and just lets go.

Ellie was singing a song she wrote with the help of Adam Levine. I can't wait to meet that guy. He helped Ellie succeed with her dream, and I'm grateful for that. He helped my girlfriend with the career she wanted. Well, ex-girlfriend I guess.

Once she finished singing, I let a smile make its way across my pink lips. A true, genuine smile. I could not be happier for her now that I've seen what she's accomplished. Everyone in the room started to applaud for Ellie. Even Louis. I caught myself joining them as she opened the door of the booth. I was clapping so hard I think my hands were turning red.

Ellie smiled at all of us as we applauded for her. I could see the blush on her cheeks become visible. Oh, how I've missed that. She looked around at everyone, the red on her cheeks becoming more prominent.

Before I could think, Ellie ran toward me and into my arms. She was hugging me. I was completely caught off guard. Did she mean to hug me? The applause died down as everyone looked at Ellie clinging to me. I didn't know what to do. Do I hug her back? I was shocked. I couldn't move.

Ellie soon realized what she did. She slowly removed her head from my chest and let go of me. She looked at me with what seemed to be tears in her eyes. Was she going to cry? She looked around at everyone else. I did too. Their expressions were the same as mine. Complete and utter shock. Even Tom. Ellie's eyes soon met mine again. She panicked.

"I'm so sorry, Harry," she apologized. She shook her head and ran her fingers through her brown hair. She didn't know what she was doing. She just did it, as if she was supposed to. "Will you excuse me?"

Before anyone could answer her, Ellie ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her. The loud thud made me jump slightly. I can't believe it. She hugged me. Ellie hugged me! That means there's still a chance that she loves me. That she'll forgive me and take me back. I have to talk to her.

"Someone should go see if she's okay," said Simon, practically reading my mind.

"I'll go talk to her," volunteered Niall.

I stepped in front of him before he could reach the door. I shook my head. "That's alright. I think it's about time I talked to her. I can't continue to avoid it," I said.

Niall nodded. "Good luck, Haz," said Louis.

I smiled at him before leaving the room. I closed the door behind me, stopping any of the boys from snooping. I slowly walked down the hall, trying to find a sign of Ellie anywhere. She wasn't wearing shoes, so I wasn't able to hear which way she went. I stayed completely silent as I stopped in front of every door. I couldn't hear anything.

Just as I was about to give up, I heard faint sobs coming from a door at the end of the hall. I followed the cries until I was standing in front of a cupboard. I pressed my ear to the door to hear better. I heard more crying and short breaths. That's definitely Ellie.

I knocked on the door in attempt to get her attention. No response. "Ellie?" I said. Still no response. Either she was ignoring me or she couldn't hear me.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. Ellie was sitting in the corner of the cupboard with her head in her hands. She was crying, and her body was shaking. I shut the door behind me and sat down in front of her. There was little light in the small room but enough for us to see each other.