Chapter 43

Chapter 43

I left Big Ben after forty minutes of drawing. The sketch didn't look that bad, but I didn't keep it. I didn't want it. I just had to do something to occupy my time for a little while. I placed the paper in a trash bin nearby.

A cool breeze hit me as I stood up from the bench. I zipped up my jacket and pulled my hood on again. I buried my hands in my pockets as I walked down the street.

I didn't really know where I was going. Louis and the rest of the lads are still out there looking for me. They should have my phone by now.

The lads are predictable. They have their tricks, but so do I. None of them would think I would be near Louis' flat. I decided to go to Kerri's place. She lives next door to Louis so they shouldn't suspect a thing.

I walked to Kerri's flat but took the long way just in case the boys were outside. I cut into her backyard and went up to the back door. Luckily, there was a fence separating Louis' yard from hers. I knocked on the back door and waited. A few seconds later, a confused Kerri answered the door.

"El-" I covered her mouth with my hand. I can't risk the lads hearing her.

"Can I come in?" I whispered. "I'll explain everything."

She slowly nodded. I walked into her flat and shut the door behind me. Once I was inside, a kitten came up to me and rubbed itself against my ankles.

I turned to Kerri and smiled. "When did you get a cat?"

"A few weeks ago. His name is Lennon."

I looked back at the kitten. He was so cute. I kneeled down and pet him.

"What kind of cat is he?"

"A Ragdoll."

I smiled as I continued to pet Lennon. Maybe I should get a pet. That could take my mind off Harry. A pet could keep me company. It might be hard to care for it on the road, though. That's one down side.

"Ellie?" spoke Kerri. I looked up at her. "Are you going to explain to me why you came to the back door instead of the front?"

I stood up and nodded. "Yeah." I sat down at the kitchen island and Kerri took the chair next to me.

"What is going on?"

Where do I even start? Maybe I should just tell her everything.

"Well before I explain why I came to the back door, you need to know that Harry broke up with me."

Her jaw dropped. "Why? What happened? You two seemed like the perfect couple."

"I know. I thought so too. But, Harry found this picture of me and one of my guy friends on the Internet. He took it the wrong way. He thinks I have feelings for the guy. Now, he doesn't trust me so he broke up with me."

"Did you try to explain it to him?"

"Of course, I did. He wouldn't listen."

"Oh, Ellie. That's awful. I'm so sorry."

I gave her a half smile. "Thanks, Kerri."

"Do you think he'll take you back?"

I nodded. "When he broke up with me, he said we needed a break. So I'm hoping that means we still have a chance together."

There was a pause. "I still don't understand why you were at my back door."

"Oh, that's kind of a long story." I waited a moment trying to get my thoughts together. "Louis had the boys over earlier, including Harry. I decided it was best if I just kept my distance from them, so I was up in my room. Well, I was getting bored because I was quickly running out of things to occupy my time. I didn't plan on going downstairs and facing Harry. It just would've been too hard. So I worked on a song that I am currently written. I had all the lyrics. I just needed to figure out the chords on my guitar. I was messing around with my guitar until I figured out the perfect pattern. I fit it to the lyrics and it sounded great."