Chapter 37

Chapter 37~ Harry's POV

We left the beach a few hours ago. We played volleyball twice. Ellie's team won the first time, then Jules' team won. After that, Ellie tanned a little more. We swam in the ocean and messed around. It was fun. It felt nice to just relax for once. There weren't any fans there who recognized us. It was different, but I loved it.

Ellie was mad at first since we ruined her girls day with Jules. She got over it, though. Jules didn't seem mad at all. I think she likes hanging out with all of us instead of just one at a time. I would never tell Ellie that. I wouldn't want her to be offended by anything.

Overall, the beach was great. The lads and I packed a picnic basket for lunch. Ellie had forgiven us by that point. She and Jules were pleasantly surprised by our kind act.

Tonight, I plan on taking Ellie out for dinner. Some restaurants in Los Angeles are amazing. I thought it would be a good idea to go out. We don't get to go out often while on tour so it's best to take advantage of it.

Ellie has no idea about my plan. I'm thinking about making it a surprise. Surprises seem romantic to me sometimes. I like being romantic with Ellie. She's the only girl I've actually imagined myself having a future with. So being romantic is a good way to count on a long lasting relationship.

There was a knock on my hotel door. Before I could answer it, Zayn came in and sat on the couch.

"Mate, what are you doing?" I chuckled.

He shrugged. "I needed to get away from Louis. He was starting to annoy me."

"Alright, well I'm taking Ellie out for dinner in a little while."

"Cool, where are you taking her?"

"Uh, somewhere fancy but not too fancy, you know."

"Does she know? You know how she hates surprises."

I shook my head. "No. I haven't told her. I don't think I plan on it either. To me, surprises are romantic. I like being romantic with her."

Zayn smiled. "You two are brilliant."

"What do you mean?"

I sat down on the couch next to him and waited for an answer. Zayn turned to me with a smirk on his face.

"You and Ellie. I don't know how to explain it. It's like you two were meant for each other. Like somehow God set you up with her." I chuckled. "It's crazy. I love Natalie. I really do. She's my everything, but I don't get to spend enough time with her to figure out if we have that connection that you and Ellie have."

"I'm sure you do. Natalie is a sweet girl and you're crazy about her. Every time someone brings her up, you sit there with this dorky grin on your face."

Zayn chuckled. "I'm just a little jealous, I guess. You get to see Ellie every day since she's on tour with us. I only get to see Natalie when we Skype or if we have a break long enough for me to visit her. Seeing you and Ellie just makes me wish Natalie was here."

I smiled. "I'm sure she'd be happy to hear you say that, mate."

"Next time we get a break, I'm going back to London to see her. I don't care how short the visit is. I have to see her."

Silence came over us. I wasn't sure what else I could say. I'm not really good at comforting people and giving advice. I mean, I have my moments but right now wasn't one of them. Finally, I cleared my throat and broke the silence.

"Zayn, uh. Can you help me choose my clothes for tonight? I'm not sure what would qualify as fancy but not too fancy."

He shrugged. "I'll try, Haz, but your guess is as good as mine."