Chapter 35

Chapter 35~ Harry's POV

It's almost time for our interview on the Today show. I guess after that we'll be performing too. It would have been nice if they would have told us that in advance. It was a big surprise, but Ellie's relieved because she doesn't have to sing.

She's superstitious. She thinks that singing before a concert is bad luck. She said she learned it from her music teacher back in Doncaster. Apparently, they sang in class before their concert once and the entire soprano section sounded like a bunch of dying cats.

I don't believe in that stuff, though. We'll be fine. No one is sick anymore which is a miracle. I have no idea how Niall and I got over food poisoning in only a day but I'm not going to question it. I'm just happy I'm not in that hotel room, hunched over the toilet. It was absolutely disgusting.

So we're all quite knackered. We had to be here early so the lads and I could do a sound check. Ellie had no choice but to come along. She slept on the tour bus while we practiced, though. Mostly just the lads and I are tired. I didn't get much sleep last night because I kept thinking about what Ellie said that morning.

She really scared me. It was like she wanted to die in that car. It made me worry about her even more than I usually do. I always worry about her. I need to know if she's safe and happy. I hate it when she's upset and if she's ever in danger, I'll do everything I can to protect her. She may not realize it but Ellie means the world to me. Before she came into my life, I felt lost in this crazy world. I felt like just another famous guy. I didn't know if people liked me for me or if they just liked the famous part. When Ellie came, I thought she was just another fan, but she was so much more than that. She was my best friend's little sister. She was my future. I needed her. She makes me the happiest man on earth.

"One Direction and Ellie Wilson! We're ready for you on the set," someone called.

We got up from the couches we were sitting on and followed a lady to the set. I grasped Ellie's small hand as we walked. She looked up at me and smiled. Her blue eyes sparkled.

We reached the set and sat down on the couch they had for us. It was kind of crowded but we were fine. There was still a little bit of room. Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie are the ones who will be interviewing us. I expect all the usual boring questions. Ellie was seated next to Niall and me. Eventually, Matt and Savannah joined us and the cameras started rolling.

"Hello, everyone. We're back and we have One Direction and Ellie Wilson with us. How are you guys?" said Matt.

"We've been great!" Liam answered for us.

"How's the tour going?" asked Savannah.

"It's going well. We had a little break these last few days, but tonight we have a show in Pittsburgh," said Zayn.

"How about for you, Ellie? Are you enjoying being on tour with One Direction?"

"Of course. They're great fun and amazing performers. I'm just so happy my first tour was with these cheeky lads," Ellie smiled.

"Aww, she loves us!" Niall exclaimed as he bear hugged her.

Matt and Savannah laughed. Ellie pushed Niall off her. "You can hug me later, Nialler."

He pouted. "Fine."

Matt chuckled once more. "So is anyone single or are all of you taken?" Typical question. I was completely expecting that one.

"I am happily dating this lovely girl right here," I said before I slung my arm around Ellie's shoulder and kissed the top of her head. I know she blushed without even looking at her. She can be quite predictable sometimes.