Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Harry and I walked back to the studio hand in hand. Everything in me was screaming Don't hold his hand! I couldn't bring myself to pull away from him, though. I looked down at my feet. I almost forgot I wasn't wearing shoes. I stopped in my tracks, and Harry looked at me confused.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm not wearing shoes," I stated.

"Oh, here." Harry crouched down in front of me and waited for me to climb onto his back. I just stood there frozen. He turned to look at me. "You gonna get on or not?"

I snapped myself out my trance and climbed onto Harry's back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He stood up and held onto my legs to support me. He started walking again, and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Liam was right," he said out of nowhere.

I lifted my head up and stared at him even though he couldn't see me. "Huh?"

"You're as light as a feather," he chuckled.

"Oh, thanks," I blushed.

I laid my head on his shoulder again and closed my eyes. His scent filled my nose. Mint and cologne. I've missed that. I've missed him. I'm so happy I forgave him and Louis. It feels like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Half of it is still there, though.

Half of it is still there because Harry can't be my boyfriend. I'm dating Luke, and if I broke up with him so suddenly, it would make me feel guilty. I have a problem being like that.

I hate hurting people's feelings even though I know I might have to. Like with Harry and Louis. I'm a people pleaser. I think of everyone else first instead of myself. I don't like seeing people get hurt especially if I'm the one who caused that pain.

Chris always tells me to do what is in my best interest, but I can't bring myself to do it. I wouldn't have tried out for the Voice if it wasn't for him. He tricked me into going after I told him I didn't want to do it.

*flashback*

"Ellie!" he exclaimed as he walked through the door.

I got up from my seat on the couch in the living room and ran to the front door. I saw Chris standing there with a giant smile on his face. I ran over to him and into his arms. He hugged me back as we stood in the doorway. It's been a few months since I've seen him. I missed my big cousin. He's like my best friend. I pulled back from him and looked over his shoulder. Aunt Jen was no where in sight. I thought she went to go get him from the airport. Where did she go?

I looked up at Chris with my big blue eyes. "Where's Aunt Jen?"

"Oh. She's in town waiting for us. I dropped her off at the restaurant and came to get you."

I looked at him confused. Restaurant? "Why is she at a restaurant?"

"I'm home, El. We're going to celebrate while we can," he smiled.

I playfully rolled my eyes before meeting his gaze again. He stood there and smiled like he was excited about something. Well, he is home. I guess he's excited about that, and seeing Aunt Jen and me.

"Go get your shoes and coat. I'll be in the car."

"Okay," I nodded.

I turned and ran up the stairs and into my room. I opened my cupboard, or closet as the Americans call it, and rummaged through my shoes. I found my pair of brown ankle boots. They went well with what I was wearing. Skinny jeans and a white long sleeve sweater with a brown horse on the front. My hair was pulled back in a side braid that laid on my right shoulder and I was wearing a pair of thick black glasses. They were fake, of course. It was part of the style nowadays. I found my coat and put it on over top of my horse sweater.