Chapter 9: Ambush

Simba kept his senses alert as he walked the border. He kept a keen eye on the Outlands. He walked quietly, so quiet that he couldn't hear his own paw-steps. 

He felt a pang of pity in his chest for yelling at Kopa when he asked to come along. Kopa didn't understand why he couldn't come. Simba just couldn't risk losing his son. That was his biggest fear.

Simba was suddenly brought of out his thoughts when a large object hit his side. He fell over from the impact and quickly recovered. He found the object to be a lioness.

An Outlander.

Simba stood up straight and growled at the dizzy lioness. Soon, another lioness popped into sight behind Simba. Then another. Then another. Until he was surrounded by five Outlandic lionesses.

Without warning, all five attacked Simba at the same time, giving him only a slight chance at defending himself. Simba fought them off as much as he could before he started feeling weak, and soon, everything went black.

The lionesses worked together to carry the king back into their own territory. Zira had given them strict orders to capture Simba while he was patrolling the border that morning.

They walked up to Zira with an unconscious Simba sprawled out on their backs. Zira was standing outside the den, keeping Vitani from leaving it. She smiled evilly at her fellow lionesses.

" Drop him," she ordered slowly.

The lionesses did as they were told. Zira approached Simba, who lay on his side. She looked up at the lionesses. They continued to stand at attention, waiting for their next order.

Zira scanned the large king at her feet. She blinked slowly, inhaling deeply. She seemed content.

" Thank you, girls. Now tie him up," Zira quickly ordered.

The lionesses worked together once more to tie Simba in some strong reinforcements of vines and wood. They had to work quickly as he was still unconscious.

Once he was tied up against a tree, Zira paced back and forth, staring at him. She swallowed as her thoughts raced.

She could kill him now. It would be so easy. He's so vulnerable in his fainted state. There was nobody to stop her. But she had a better plan.

She turned to her pride, who were all watching intently, waiting for a plan. Nuka was nowhere to be found. He was at the border, complaining once again. He had watched the lionesses bring Simba into the Outlands.

Zira stood tall above her peers.

" Now that we have Simba, Nala can't help but come look for him! Once we have her baited, we'll kill them both! Then, with them out of the way, Kopa will be unprotected! Those other Pridelanders are nothing without their King and Queen!"

She roared into the sky, causing her pride to roar back. She turned back to Simba who was still surprisingly unconscious. He was hit pretty hard.

She growled and snarled as she scratched at the ground. She was impatient for Nala to show up. They still had no idea their King was kidnapped. Zira took control of herself and raised her head.

" Now, we wait."