Chapter 40: A Princess is Born

^Art is not mine^

Also, Kopa is much bigger in the story than in the picture.

Merry Christmas! I will be uploading this chapter and one more throughout the day, as a little Christmas present to you loyal readers! Happy Holidays and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

•Three Months Later•

Simba was pacing in front of the den. His heart was pounding and his breathing was heavy. He felt hot and his vision was slightly dizzy. Kopa bounded up to his father with Vitani close behind. It was early morning.

" Don't hurt yourself, Dad. Mom will be okay," Kopa reassured him.

Simba stopped in his pace. Nala was in the den birthing their second cub. Sarafina and Sarabi were assisting her, and Simba was sent outside. He looked at Kopa with a forced grin.

" I have much confidence that your mother will get through this," his grin vanished. " I just worry because anything can go wrong."

" I'm sure everything will be fine. Grandma Sarabi and Grandma Fina are with her," Kopa attempted to calm his father.

" I guess you're ri-"

A painful scream stopped Simba mid-sentence. He gasped and looked at the den with fear.

" Nala?!" He shouted.

Another scream came from the blackness of the den. Simba rushed into the darkness on instinct. Sarafina and Sarabi saw him coming but made no attempt to stop his rush.

Simba read the looks on their faces for ideas of what happened. They held small smiles, which relieved him a bit. He walked past them and approached Nala.

She was lying in her side. Her chest heaved up and down as she breathed heavily. Her swollen belly slightly jumped with small contractions that seemed to be dying down. Sweat covered her body, making her coat glisten.

Tiny whimpering could be heard behind Nala's hind legs. Simba stared in awe at his newborn cub. Its bright orange coat was soaked. It squirmed, searching for milk. Simba went behind Nala and nuzzled her cheek.

Nala's eyes fluttered open. She looked exhausted. Her bright blue eyes looked up at Simba with relief.

" She's here," he whispered.

The cub whimpered louder, demanding attention. Nala forced her head up, and twisted to reach the cub. Simba watched his mate and newborn daughter. His heart swelled with happiness and he felt that he would cry.

Sarafina and Sarabi approached Simba. Their smiles were bigger than before.

" She was born tail-first. In all my time here, I've only seen one other cub born like that. And that cub was you," Sarabi told Simba.

Simba found that interesting. He was slightly distracted by his daughter's presence. After a small meal and a bath, Nala placed the cub in her arms. She looked down at her new daughter with utter pride.

" She's beautiful, Nala," Simba nuzzled his mate.

" What do you want to name her?" Nala couldn't keep her eyes off of her daughter.