Chapter 10: Interrogation

Sarabi stood on the edge of Pride Rock, scanning the Pridelands desperately. She squinted for a better view of the border.

Simba was normally back by now. Sarabi assumed it to be midday, but with heavy clouds in the sky, it was difficult to tell. Her heart sped up and her mouth slowly dropped open as she finished her search.

Without hesitation, she turned and ran into the den. She approached Nala, who seemed oblivious to the well-being of Simba. She was watching Kopa play with her tail. A smile was wide across her face.

" Nala," Sarabi spoke softly, although impatient.

The queen turned her head to her mother-in-law. She immediately read the panic on her face. Nala's smile disappeared.

" What's the matter, Sarabi?"

" It's Simba. He's not back yet. I can't see him on the border," Sarabi tried to hide the desperation in her voice.

Nala stood, catching the attention of Kopa. He watched curiously.

" I'll bring a few lionesses with me to look for him," Nala stated bravely.

Sarabi looked at Kopa.

" Are you sure? Sarafina and I can look for him instead. You should stay with Kopa."

Nala shook her head," Simba is my mate. I will go look for him. You and my mother watch after Kopa."

Sarabi nodded obediently to her queen. She wasn't going to argue. Nala walked off of her royal flat-rock and turned to Kopa.

" What's going on, Mom?" Kopa tilted his head.

" I have to go look for your father. Grandma Sarafina and Grandma Sarabi will watch over you. Stay in the den."

Kopa nodded without question as Sarabi took her place on the flat-rock. She called Sarafina over and told her the plan. Nala turned away and stood at the den entrance. She looked back at her pride.

" I need five lionesses to help me find Simba. He's missing," Nala announced.

Five young lionesses volunteered in a matter of minutes. With one last goodbye, the group headed out into an oncoming storm. They all kept their ears alert for any suspicious sounds.

Nala wasn't extremely concerned for Simba, she knew he could take care of himself. Unless he was in the Outlands. He couldn't stand a chance against Zira's entire pride.

The thought made Nala paranoid. Sarabi had said she couldn't see him from Pride Rock. That meant that he must've been in the Outlands.

The group was trailing the border when Nala pulled herself out of her paranoid thoughts. She suddenly turned into the Outlands, bringing confusion to the group.

" Where are we going, my queen?" One of the lionesses asked.

" I have a strong feeling that Simba is over here," Nala whispered.

There were no more questions. Within seconds, one lioness caught sight of something.

" Nala! Look!" The lioness faced a figure in the distance.

Nala turned her head to focus on what she was looking at. The queen squinted down the border.

" It's Nuka!" She growled.

Without hesitation, Nala bolted in Nuka's direction. The group, shaken, caught onto her tactic. Nuka was once again complaining about Vitani when he was startled by Nala. She pounced and pinned him to the ground. Her eyes were red with anger at the sight of the scrawny male.

" Where's Simba?!" Nala snarled.

Nuka was breathing hard from the sudden attack Nala made.

" I- I don't know!" He lied.

The lionesses all gathered behind Nala, watching the scene. They had never seen their queen so heavy with anger. Of course, they never saw her without Simba either. Nala was scared for her mate. She loved Simba dearly, and losing him was not something she would allow.

Nala bared her teeth at the cowardly lion underneath her.

" Don't make me hurt you, Nuka! Where is Simba?!" She was desperate.

Using claws and teeth was something Nala didn't enjoy, even when it came to Outlanders. She would only use violence if she absolutely needed to. And it seemed like Nuka was going to give her no choice. Rain fell heavily upon the group. Everyone was soaked.

" I'll never tell!" Nuka spat.

Nala dug her claws into his shoulders. He screeched in pain. Nala was holding him down really well. Nuka's small build gave her an advantage. She continued to dig her claws deeper and deeper until he gave in. By that time, blood stained his fur around her claws.

" Stop! Stop! I'll tell you!" Nuka begged.

Nala retracted her claws, " Spill it!"

" My mother has him as a hostage. She plans to use him as bait so she can kill both of you together," Nuka confessed.

Without a word, Nala stepped off of him and turned to the group. They all stared at her in shock at what they just witnessed. They never thought they'd see Nala do something like that.

Nuka bolted from the scene, heading towards his pride to inform Zira of Nala's visit.

" Perfect. He's leading us straight to Zira and Simba," Nala smirked.

She turned to the group.

" Two of you go fetch some backup. I have a feeling we're gonna need it," the queen ordered.

The two fastest lionesses in the group headed back to Pride Rock. Meanwhile, Nala led the remaining lionesses to Zira. They followed Nuka's trail.

Nala sighed. She wasn't exactly proud of what she did to Nuka. But he gave her no choice. She needed to find Simba. That was her main priority, and no one was getting in her way.

I'm coming for you, my Simba.