Decisions: Part 6

Time skip to after Jonathan leaves:

(Y/n) POV:

You weren't sure about Dio in the first place so it wasn't all that difficult to believe Jonathan but because of the few moments that you'd had with Dio recently you didn't want to believe that he was suddenly back to his old tricks again.

It was strange, even though you weren't too sure about the guy, you had been starting to feel at least a bit more comfortable around him and Jonathan and Dio had gotten along so well nowadays that it just feels weird to think of him as his old evil self again.

But you supposed Jonathan had never given you any reason to doubt him before, so it'd be silly to start doing so now.

Later that day: 

It was a nice out, the clouds were covering the sun, it was a pleasant temperature, and there was even a small breeze flowing.

It was the perfect day for you to go to the local bookstore, you'd been quickly running out of reading material and really you needed something to take your mind off of everything.

As you are leaving you realize you'd stayed out a lot later than you'd intended and unconsciously started to walk towards the Joestar mansion out of habit. You'd usually go there whenever you wanted to hang out with Jonathan or if you were out too late and would have him walk you home, but you'd almost forgotten that he'd already left the day before. You'd hang out for a little bit and then he'd usually end up walking you home. You were a little more than half way there before you had remembered Jonathan had left, you were about to turn around and head towards your house when you felt a hand on your shoulder. Startled, you jumped a little in fright before turning around to fully face whoever it was and naturally it just so happened to be the one and only Dio Brando.

"Well now do tell me, what is a lovely lady such as yourself doing out at such a late hour?" Dio seemed somewhat sincere in his question but you also noticed the underlying threat in his tone. You decided to answer truthfully seeing as you had nothing to hide, it wasn't like you had done anything wrong, you had simply gone the wrong way.

"Not that it's any of your business Dio, but I just came from the bookstore and was on my way to see Jonathan. I had forgotten he left yesterday."

You hadn't exactly decided on how you were going to act around him yet and hadn't expected to run into him so soon.

"Now now (Y/n), what's with all the hostilely? I don't recall doing anything to earn it since last I saw you."

Damn! Now he's suspicious! You've got to play like everything is still fine or things are going to become very difficult for both you and JoJo.

"Nothing Dio... You have done absolutely nothing, I've just been a little stressed today, I apologize for my rudeness."

"Ah, what seems to trouble you (Y/n)?" He asked as he gave you a forced smile.

Oh you didn't know, how about him trying to betray JoJo and kill his father...yeah that might be it.

Unfortunately though you couldn't voice your actual thoughts so you suppose you'll just have to make something up.

"I'm sorry Dio, it's just that recently my parents have been fighting more and more frequently and I'm not getting a lot of sleep. I'm not eating as well as I probably should be either, and then with Jonathan being gone I have no one to talk to and hang out with, and I guess it's all just becoming a bit overwhelming."

Ok not a complete lie, everything you'd said was true but the thing that's mostly stressing you out was trying to figure out the man in front of you.

He seemed to actually ponder your statement for a minute before catching you completely off guard with his next words.

"Well I suppose I could try to be of assistance, if you need sleep you are free to use one of the guest bedrooms. I'm sure father won't have any objections of course. I will have to inform your parents so they don't worry.... No matter, I'll just have father write them a letter and have one of the servants deliver it here shortly. I'll have someone cook you up whatever it is you want for breakfast tomorrow and if you should desire, I would be more than happy to lend you some of my time and listen to you in place of Jonathan."

Well that was surprisingly generous of him, however he now it made it a million times harder for you to avoid him. Oh well there was nothing that can be done about it now and you couldn't decline his invitation without making him suspicious.

You decided to go with it for now and hoped that Jonathan would be back soon.

You look up at Dio with a smile, "That is very generous of you, I would be happy to accept as long as my parents are informed that I might be gone for a while."

You notice his lips quirk up in a brief smirk before he holds out his hand.

"Very well then Lady (L/n), shall we be off? I'm getting rather hungry, and if we don't hurry I'm afraid we'll miss dinner."

You hesitatingly place your hand in his much larger one as you then start to walk towards the Joestar mansion.