Part 28: The Inevitable Final Battle Part 1

(A/N: I know it's been awhile since I last updated and I'm really sorry, I've just been busy with another story I'm writing and have been having some writers block with this one. I really love this story, I've enjoyed writing it and I really enjoy reading everyone's comments. Your all so nice, and so I'd like to thank you for being patient and supporting me, so now here's the next chapter :)

"Those Hamon filled roses do sting a bit." Dire said mockingly.

A side glance from Dio was all it took to have you seated once again.

You were sad to see Dio freeze him and break his head...now Dire really was gone.

The others seemed just as shocked but quickly snapped out of it and glared him down.

The vampire quickly jumped back and onto the balcony then looked at them with distain as he hissed.

Yeah things just went from bad to worse and you knew this wasn't going to end in any sort of pleasant manner. He had just been toying with them before but now, well now you could tell he was definitely no longer in the mood.

You found Dires' last move to be amusing though, he had taken Dio by surprise (which was a hard thing to do) and actually managed to land a blow. And he just so happened to injure his face, which Dio considered to be one of his more charming features (though his arrogance knew no bounds with anything else as well). You rolled your eyes now as you watched Dio push aside his facade and call upon his minions to defeat the 'lower beings' as he liked to think of them. Jonathan was now his goal, the others were nothing but flies in his way and he obviously deemed them unworthy of fighting.

You found yourself seriously conflicted as the battle went on, you knew Jonathan needed to win for the sake of the world but honestly you really loved Dio and didn't want to see him taken down.

It takes you awhile of thinking to yourself but when you eventually snap out of it you had made a decision. You would stand by Jonathan and defeat Dio, you knew you'd been making this same decision for a while now but you were determined that this was the last time. You wouldn't falter again, no you would fight to the bitter end if you had too and you decided it was time you stopped sitting around.

It was time for you to fight, your hand slide to your pocket area and you pulled your knife from its sheath then ran forward with such speed you could have rivaled a tiger.

You made it just in time to slice the head off one of the zombies as he had snuck up behind Speedwagon and had almost gone in for the kill. Speedwagon quickly finished off a zombie that had been in front of him then looked back and gave you a grateful smile before going back to killing the undead monsters.

You looked around you and noticed they all seemed to have things pretty well under control for the time being. Knowing the zombies wouldn't dare lay a finger on you, you turned your attention to Jonathan and Dio's fight.

You managed to look just in time to catch Jonathan slice Dio in half and you couldn't help but cringe at the sight. As you looked closer you could also see his arm had been cut off as well.

Suddenly Speedwagon cried out, "He did it! Jonathan finally defeated Dio!"

You however weren't sure yet if that was true or not but knowing your husband as well as you did you felt this fight was far from over.

You were quickly proven right as Dio spoke, "Defeated? You fools!"

"Oh no!" Speedwagon yelled in terror as he saw ice starting to move up Jonathan's arms.

"I can't move!" Jonathan exclaimed. "I'm frozen!"

His arms were now covered in ice, he was left completely helpless. You became increasingly worried as Dio immediately took advantage of that and sunk his fingers into Jonathan's neck.