Part 16: Pain

(Y/n) POV:

You woke up to harsh sunlight beaming down on your face, so you rolled over and put you face in the pillow (though because of your broken bones it actually somewhat hurt).

Once you were fully awake and came to terms with the fact that the sun was refusing to allow you to sleep for even a moment longer, you started to think about things.

You weren't confused when you woke up this time, you knew exactly you were. Though you didn't want to believe that you were in reality, you'd much rather be sleeping again...at least then you can pretend that everything was still fine.

All of a sudden you remembered Speedwagon, you had asked him to stay with you. You turned over to see if he was still there, and shockingly enough he was. It looks like he had fallen asleep as well, though you assumed he probably wasn't very comfortable, seeing as he was sleeping on a chair. You force yourself to get up and once you had, you notice a book lying on the little table next to the bed (probably Speedwagons) and decided that since you were up he should be too, so you picked up the book opened it to the middle page and promptly closed it next to his ear, then waited. You didn't have to for very long though, as he shot up as if he'd been burnt and then looked like he was ready for a fight or something. You had to stifle a laugh, after all he looked quite silly still half asleep like that.

Once he calmed down he sighed and looked over at you. "Was that really necessary?"

You smiled at him as you replied with a quick "But of course" and he dropped his head in an 'I give up' way. You took your small win and asked him if there was any food around. He nodded and went to go get something, but just before he closed the door you said "thank you" to him for staying with you. It wasn't often that you found a real gentleman, someone who would keep a woman company without having 'dodgy' thoughts. You were thankful that Jonathan had managed to run into such a kind hearted man.

The door closed but before it did you could have sworn you heard a soft "Your welcome".

Time skip to when you and Jonathan are almost fully healed:

Over time you and Speedwagon had become close friends and you even felt that you could trust him with your life. He had been the one to take care of you until you were healed enough to start doing things yourself, and even then he would still come in and keep you company. You had visited Jonathan here and there and even talked with Erina on occasion.

It was moments like this that made you think that things might not end up not being so bad after all. Sure you felt horribly neglected and sad since Jonathan was spending a lot of time with Erina and he didn't really talk to you much anymore, but you reasoned that Speedwagon would always be up for a chat should you ever need someone to talk to.

You couldn't stop thinking about Dio though, you kept thinking things like 'Dio would have put me first', 'I would love to have a discussion with someone about this new book I read', and some other more difficult things, 'I wish Dio was still here to help me hide my tears...' but then you reminded yourself, HE WASN'T HERE! HE WAS DEAD!

You fell back onto the bed and buried your face into your pillow as you started yelling and cursing the unfairness of the whole thing and wishing that things could be different.

Little did you know that things were about to become very different, everything was about to change and your life was going to get a lot more troublesome, you just didn't know it yet.