Part 17: The Adventure Begins Again

You had been getting better and better as each day passed, you're body was healing much faster than you'd expected and you figured it'd only be about another few weeks or so until you were fully recovered.

Speedwagon was still your main companion since Jonathan was always with Erina now, to be honest you were actually somewhat bitter about their relationship especially considering how you had just been deprived of yours. You were happy for Jonathan and even though you still had slight feelings for him you knew that because Erina was there and that you're love for Dio had been so strong that you could never be together in that way now. So you were content to watch him be happy with Erina, she wasn't a bad person and you really did like her it was just somewhat depressing loosing the man you loved, no longer feeling connected to your best friend, and only able to watch him drift further from you.

Speedwagon was a nice person to talk with and he was definitely kind to you but you could tell he had developed a small crush on you so it made it a little awkward to be around him sometimes. He was a great guy and any girl would be lucky to have him but unfortunately you just couldn't seem to imagine yourself with anyone other than Dio.

You had been walking down the hallway towards the door in hopes of going outside for a little while and were quickly snapped out of your thoughts as you suddenly tripped over a loose floorboard.You closed your eyes and let out a surprised squeak as you braced yourself for the impact, but then suddenly you felt arms catch you and you couldn't help the relieved sigh that escaped your lips.

When you opened your eyes to thank who you assumed was most likely Speedwagon your eyes widened in surprise as you stared at the rather odd looking gentleman. You quickly shoved him away and put some distance between him and yourself, you didn't know who this strange man was yet. "Who are you?!" You yelled at the surprised man.

He takes his hat off holding it to his chest then bows, "I apologize if I startled you my lady, I'm an ally of Jonathan's. My name is Baron Zeppeli and I had come to ask for his aid in defeating the monster known as Dio."

You froze in horror as you just stared at the man for a good minute or two. What was this guy saying? Was Dio still alive after all? What was going on? Where was Jonathan? You really needed to talk to him, if Dio really was alive then any hopes of peace all of you may have had was just shattered.

"Where is Jonathan?! We must move immediately!" You started to run but were stopped by the Baron who had suddenly shot his arm out in front of you. "Where do you think you're going? Honestly with your injuries you'd just slow us down." You glared at him in anger but then your expression turned sad and you lowered your head. "Please sir, you have to let me accompany you all. If you really are setting out to kill Dio then I must be present, I can't stay here and do nothing! If Dio is to die then I have to be there at the end, please I beg you take me with you." You felt tears starting to form as you looked up at him, your eyes pleading at him to let you go. He sighed but retracted his arm as he gave you a look of pity. "Now how can I refuse such a heartfelt request, I can already tell you would probably leave anyway even if I didn't let you go with us, I don't know what your relationship was with that thing but I do feel that you have a strong resolve to end this just like the rest of us." He smiled at you and hit you hard knocking the breath right out of you (A/N: Just like he does in the anime to Jonathan, though this little scene takes place after he had already talked with him). As soon as you had recovered from the blow you were about to yell at him but the words died as you once again froze. You moved your limbs back and forth but you could no longer feel any pain and it seemed as if you hadn't been injured in the first place. You looked at the Baron in amazement, you were sure what he had just done but you had no doubt whatever he had done was the reason you had been healed.