Part 25: Reunited at Last

(A/n: Ok I got a little carried away on my first attempt at this chapter, I put a little to much Speedwagon in it and I don't think a lot of you liked it very much. I rewrote it so that hopefully it's at least a little better than it was. Sorry everyone 😞)

You flinched as you felt a hand touch you but realized it was a gentle touch and you slowly opened your eyes revealing...

Jonathan? What? What was he doing here? How did he-? Suddenly you shot up out of the bed in realization, Jonathan was finally here...

Wait did that mean it was time for him to kill Dio? Of all the days for him to show up it just had to be this one didn't it?

You sit up and stare at him, then you moved your hand to his arm, you needed to make sure he was real. Once you were satisfied with the fact that yes he was in fact here, you pulled him into a hug.

He seemed surprised for a moment before returning it, but it didn't take long for him to remember why he'd come here though and suddenly, "(Y/n)?! Are you alright?!" You rolled your eyes at his predictably, you had figured he'd be pretty worried about you. "Yes, Jonathan, I'm fine." You had missed him very much and it seems he had missed you as well. You pull away and see four people come through the door, one you recognize as Speedwagon but the other three you were unfamiliar with. You looked at each of them before noticing that Baron Zeppeli was missing so you turned to Jonathan to ask him where he was. Jonathan looked like he was in pain as he told you the story of what had happened and by the end of it you were in tears.

No...No...This couldn't be right...He wasn't-no he couldn't be-but it seemed he was...

He was dead...Baron Zeppeli was dead! You tried to choke back your tears as you thought of the kind and funny man you'd known only for a short time.

Even though your acquaintance had been brief you felt as if you'd all been friends for years, the realization that he was dead was a huge blow to you.

You fell to your knees and started crying, Speedwagon went to comfort you but just as he was about to touch you Jonathan was already there holding you once again as you cried and cried.

Finally you remembered why they were all here, it was time to kill Dio... You couldn't waste precious time crying now, no...you could cry later but now was definitely not the time, now you had to be strong.

You silently got up and started walking towards the door. You knew where Dio probably was, he often liked to go out at this around this time and look at the stars with you. You weren't with him this time but you were pretty sure you knew where he was.

You continued walking as you told the others to follow you.

You made your way through the large mansion with ease now, you'd taken to exploring as soon as you could and now you could practically walk the layout in your head.

It doesn't take you longer than 10 minutes before you reach your destination, you looked behind you to make sure that the rest of your group was there and found only Jonathan had been able to keep up with you. You lean a little to the right of him so that you could see where the others were. As it turns out the rest of the group was a lot farther behind but you were sure they'd catch up pretty soon so you decided to go ahead with Jonathan.

You held your breath in anticipation as you took a moment to steel your resolve then quickly pushed open the large doors.

(A/n: I know this is shorter than the first one but I'm going to have to write out a little more and change a lot of things so I decided to do it like this.)