Part 11 Only Human:

No POV:

It was then that Speedwagon decided to pull Wang Chen out from behind the curtain and present him in front of Dio.

"This face is familiar to you, isn't it?"

Dio's face openly showed his surprise now.

"This man has testified that he sold you the poison." Jonathan said as he stood beside Speedwagon.

It was obvious Dio knew he was cornered but he didn't have any time to think of a way out of this before the curtains fell completely revealing Mr. Joestar and several police officers.

"This is truly a shame." Mr. Joestar said as he stepped forward a bit. "I put the same love and hope in you as I did my own son..."

"Father you need to rest" Jonathan said as he put his hand on his shoulder.

"Right, I'll go to bed now." Mr. Joestar said as he turned around. "I don't want to see my son arrested... Jojo, do what you must."

"Yes father."

Right then Dio stood up. "So this is the end?"

(Y/N) POV:

You were still watching from your spot in the shadows as Mr. Joestar was about to leave.

Then the weird Chinese guy whose name no one had told you suddenly decided to speak. "He won't see the inside of a cell this night, I've read his face and the trio of moles on his ear, he was born with the devil's own luck."

His cryptic words left you with an uneasy feeling as you watched Dio ask for Jonathan to be the one to put the handcuffs on him.

Jonathan agreed and made his way over to him, right before he got there Speedwagon warned him to be careful.

Dio looked up at Jonathan, "Jojo, it was arrogance that lead to this fall from grace and it has taught me well. However one may scheme and plan my downfall is simply part of the human condition. A condition I now forsake."

You were confused, 'What the hell was he talking about'.

"You see, I am about to become so much more!" He said as he pulled out the stone mask that you remembered seeing see on Jonathan's desk.

'Why does he have that? What's going on?'

"Now help me shed this mortal skin!"

You noticed to late as Dio pulled out a knife and lunged to stab Jonathan.

Time seemed to go by in slow motion as you could only watch horrified as Mr. Joestar through himself in front of his son.

You had tried running but tripped and fell to the floor with your arm outstretched reaching for them, you screamed but you were to late...it was over.

Everything felt so surreal. There was no way this was happening, you refused to believe it, it has to all have just been a bad dream that's all. You tried to reassure yourself, but you knew, you knew this was real.

Dio...He had shattered everything you had thought you knew about him when he stabbed Mr. Joestar. You were now starting to question if the man you had fallen in love with was ever even real, and it hurt...a lot.

Your thoughts were pushed away as you noticed Dio put on the mask and smear Mr. Joestar's blood on it.

Once again you could only watch in horror as the man you thought you loved let out a muffled bone chilling laugh as a bright light enveloped the room. The cops didn't hesitate as they fired round after round into his body, they wanted to make absolutely sure he was dead.

You barely withheld a scream as you watched him fall through the glass certain that he was now dead.

Everything was over....Dio was really gone....

You couldn't, no didn't want to believe he was gone, you didn't want to believe anything that had happened tonight!

The police chief looked like he was in pain as he told everyone about how none of this would have ever happened if he had just run Dio's father out of town like he had wanted to. But apparently Mr. Joestar had dissuaded him from doing so even when it was revealed that Dario had stolen from him. All this time he knew that he didn't owe that man anything, but still took Dio in anyway...

You forced yourself to look away from Dio's dead body and now tried to focus on the dying man a few feet in front of you.

Mr. Joestar had been like a father to you, he had been there when you were a child when your parents couldn't be. He was a kind soul, and even though you could think of thousands of conversations and precious moments you had with this man there was only one that kept playing over and over. That day you had gone to see him after talking with Dio, him telling you he really wanted you as a daughter in law, saying that it didn't matter which one of his sons you ended up choosing but that they both would be great husbands. He had even made a point to let you know that he thought you and Dio might even do well together, and to open your heart to him. You had, and it was a decision you throughly regretted at this moment.

As you got up and walked over to him and held his other hand as you and Jonathan cried silently over the man while holding tightly. He said a few things to Jonathan first and then turned his attention to you.

"(Y/N), I loved you so much, you were the daughter I always wanted. I loved watching you grow up and I wish I could have for just a little longer, this all just happened so fast. If everything had stayed how it was, maybe you could have changed Dio, maybe you could have gotten together and lived a happy life. I'm so sorry this had to happen, it must seem so unfair to you, but I want you to know that I truly believe Dio loved you just as I believe you loved him.

One of my biggest regrets is that I never got to see who you would have chosen and what my grandchildren would have looked like. I had no doubt that if you were going to marry anyone it was most certainly going to be one of my boys... I'm sorry everything turned out this way, maybe if I had been as hard on Dio as I had Jonathan, then maybe he would..."

Mr. Joestar's voice faded the longer he talked until finally it stopped. His hands suddenly became limp and both you and Jonathan cried even harder after the realization that he was no longer there.

Sir George Joestar was dead.

You watched as Jojo hugged his fathers body and Speedwagon made his comment about Jonathan, and you knew in that moment that Speedwagon was right, everything good about Mr. Joestar he had been passed to his son, and you felt a twinge of pride as you stood up. You knew that Jonathan was going to be just fine, he would continue to help and aid those in need just like his father had, and he would continue to live his life to it's fullest.

It was finally over...

You took one last longing look over to Dio's body only to freeze in terror.

It wasn't there.

Dio's body wasn't there!

And apparently you weren't the only one who'd noticed, as you looked over and saw Speedwagon's surprised face.

"What the hell! The body, Dio's corpse it's... It's vanished!"

All that was there now where Dio had been were shards of glass and the stone mask...