Chapter 8

"Can I step outside for a second?" I asked Dad once I got back to the dinner table with Zayn.

"No. There's paps, and strangers," Dad said. I sighed.

"Dad. It will be for literally ten seconds," I said, turning around and not waiting for a response.

"Everleigh," I heard Dad say. But this was different. This was in his super deep voice that sends chills down your spine. This was called his 'scolding' and 'stern' voice.

Whenever Oliver and I get in trouble or do something he doesn't approve of, this is the voice he uses. And it legitimately scares the crap out of you.

I stopped straight in my tracks and waited. I heard his chair scoot out and then his footsteps come near me until he was right in front of me.

"Dad-"

"Look at me," he said, lowly. I clenched my eyes but looked up at him. "What makes you think you can simply walk out after I tell you no?"

"I just- I needed fresh air," I squeaked. He sighed.

"I get that. But when I tell you something, you listen. Correct?" Dad asked. I nodded.

"Yeah," I said.

"Go take a seat," he said. He moved around me and went back to his seat. I tilted my head back, rolled my eyes, and turned back to my seat.

"Are you good?" Oliver asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I just simply wanted air but he acts like I'm going to get kidnapped out there," I said. Oliver chuckled.

"Bet he'll let me," he said. I scoffed.

"Yeah, right. There are paps and strangers," I said, mocking Dad in a deep voice. Oliver laughed and nodded.

"You hit the nail on the head," he said. I nodded. I looked up and saw Dad staring at us with his arms crossed.

"You know I'm not an idiot, right?" Dad asked. I nodded innocently.

"Of course, father," I said, grinning. He shook his head and went back to his conversation.

"What's up his ass?" Oliver whispered in my ear. I burst out laughing and put my head on the table.

I felt him smack my legs a few time and when I looked up to see what he wanted, he was staring straight at Dad. I slowly shifted my gaze to meet Dad's.

"Hi?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'll have the bill, please," Dad said to the waitress. Well damn. Guess who's in trouble? Me!

After everything was paid, we said our goodbyes to Zayn and went back to the house.

"We're in trouble, you know that?" I asked Oliver. He nodded.

"Oh, I know. Can't wait," he mumbled.

"Come on, kids," Dad said, walking off to his office. Here in the house, there is one office upstairs, as known as Dad's office, and three more in the basement for everybody else.

Dad's office is known for the place where we always get in trouble at. Legit, there's a desk and two chairs where we sit.

Sometimes, though, he'll lean on the front of his desk with his arms crossed and we'll stand in front of him. That's only for brief conversations though. Like this one actually.

Dad walked in the office and leaned back against his desk while we stood there in front of him.

"I don't get why you guys like to mock me," Dad said, picking up a pen and twirling it around.

"We weren't mocking you," I said. He gave me a look.

"You weren't? I could here everything you guys were saying. You were mocking, as well as being disrespectful," he said, walking towards us a bit.

"Dad-"

"Was it because I wouldn't let you go outside? I was trying to protect you, Everleigh," he said, pulling out his deeper voice again.

"I know-"

"Then what?" He asked.

"Would you let me speak?" I asked, tired of him cutting me off.

"There's nothing really for you to say-"

"Dad it wasn't even completely her. You came in here to yell at both of us, and you take it all out on her," Oliver said.

"Okay. So what do you have to say for yourself?" Dad asked.

"That we didn't do anything wrong. Sure she mocked you some, and sure I remarked something snarky but were teenagers. What do you expect?" Oliver asked.

Oh yeah. Go Oli, go Oli, go Oli.

"I expect you to be the respectful teenagers I raised you as," Dad said. I rolled my eyes. "Roll your eyes again, darling."

My eyes widened and I looked at my feet.

"We're sorry. We won't do it again," Oliver said. But come on, we all know that's a lie.

"Bullshit. But if you do, there will be consequences. You're dismissed," Dad said, going around his desk and sitting down in his chair.

Oliver and I scurried out of the room and gave each other an odd look once we were out.

Oliver motioned for me to follow him and he led me to the theater room.

"Okay, but seriously, what is up his ass?" I asked. Oliver laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

"I have no clue. But you know how Dad is. He hates me disrespected, and he especially hates being mocked. Which is stupid because everybody mocks him some. Everybody mocks anybody!" Oliver said, throwing his arms up.

"I know. I mock you and our Uncles all the time. All you guys do is laugh about it. I mock my friends. They laugh. But god forbid you mock Dad and he will have our head on the wall," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Exactly. What even," he said. I nodded. "So, how did it go tonight?"

"With what?" I asked, even though I had a pretty good idea what he was talking about.

"With Uncle Zayn. How did that go?" Oliver asked me. I shrugged.

"It was fine I guess. I forgive him but I just hope he doesn't stop giving effort like he did last time," I said. Oliver nodded.

"Yeah. I hope not. Because legit if he ignores you again, I'm not going to let him come around you," he said. I laughed.

"Always protective, huh?" I questioned. He nodded

"Always over my baby sister," he grinned.

"What a sap," I laughed. He picked up a pillow and started hitting me with it. "No! Stop!"

"Take it back," he said. I giggled.

"Never in a million years," I said. Oliver gasped and stopped hitting me with the pillow. "What?"

"You just mocked Uncle Louis. He's gonna be so mad!" He exclaimed. I fell back laughing and shook my head.

What would I do without Oliver?

***

Hey guys!

How are you?

Comment some ideas you want in my story! I will gladly add them.

I'm running out of ideas and it's only the eighth chapterrrr aghhhhhh

Help?

Question: What is your favorite wattpad story?

I love 'inhale'. It's a Zayn story and omg it is so amazing. I'm reading it again for the third or fourth time lol.

Thank you all!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx