Chapter 11

"Alright, we're going to have to take desperate cars since there's too many of us," Uncle Liam said.

"I'll drive one," Noah said.

"Alright. Me and the boys in my car, Oliver, Everleigh, and Noah in the other?" Uncle Louis asked. Dad looked hesitant.

"How about Niall you go with Noah and Oliver to catch up, and I'll take Everleigh," Dad said, nodding. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"No way. Why can't I go with them?" I asked. He ignored me and guided to to the car. I rolled my eyes and sat in the seat with my arms crossed.

"Ready?" Uncle Louis asked, starting the car.

"Why couldn't I go with them?" I asked again. Dad sighed.

"I don't want you in a car with a bunch of teenage boys," he said.

What? I am a teenager myself?

"Dad. I'm a teenager. And keep in mind, my brother is one of those 'teenagers' you won't let me in the car with," I stated.

"I don't care Everleigh. I don't know how Noah drives and I don't want you in a car with him," he said.

"Wait, so you send Oliver and Uncle Niall with him? What's the difference of my, father? Enlighten me," I said, glaring at him.

"Enough. I'm tired of your behavior today. Straighten it up before I do myself," he threatened. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

That just makes no sense. He won't let me in the car, but he'll let Oliver?

I mean, I understand he has some kind of protectiveness for me but that is just plain stupid.

When we pulled into the restaurant, we piled out and in the building. We all took a seat and I sat on the edge by Dad with Noah across me.

I zoned out while everybody started talking. I just kinda stared at Noah and the way his jaw clenched, how his eyes would crinkle when he laughed, and how he would crinkle his nose too like Uncle Zayn.

Uncle Zayn.. I guess he deserves his title back. He's proved himself to me so far.. I guess.

"... it's really fun. I'll have to show you," I heard Noah say to Dad. What'd I miss?

"Show him what?" I asked, coming into the conversation.

"My motorcycle. Dad helped me build it," Noah said. Motorcycle?

I looked at his appearance and saw him black attire and his leather jacket on his chair. His SnapBack on backwards and just him in general.

Am I getting a bad boy vibe?

I think I am.

"You have a motorcycle? That's so cool. My Dad won't even let me get my license," I said, making a face. I felt Dad's stare but I ignored it.

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?" He asked, smirking at me a bit. When I heard Dad go to his own conversation I smirked.

"Got into too many fights," I said. He laughed.

"I call bullshit," he said. I nodded, smiling.

"You caught me," I said, raising my hands in surrender.

"You've probably never even seen a fight," Noah said. I heard an edge to his voice like he was teasing me. How dare he.

"I have to! Unlike you," I said, leaning on my first.

"I've been in more fights than you've seen, darling," he said, looking at his hands on the table and smiling, then looking up at me.

Darling. My heart literally just fell out of my chest. With how much it fluttered, it flew away right into his hands.

"I doubt that. I could win in a fight with you any day. Try me," I smirked. He laughed.

"I'll believe it when I see it," he said. "School starts soon. I'm assuming I'll be watching over you."

Why? Does he think I need someone else to protect me?

"I don't need you to look over me," I stared, leaning back and crossing my arms.

"Put your claws away, tiger," he said, laughing. "I meant, I'm going to have to watch over you since you're such a fighter. We have a badass on our hands."

"If anyone's a badass here, it's you," I paused, taking a sip of my drink. "Darling."

Noah stared at me and slowly smirked at me, nodding his head.

Let the games begin.

***

"Can Noah and I go to the mall?" I asked, looking at Dad as we all stood outside.

"Why?" He asked, gazing at me.

"He's pretty cool, actually. We're hitting it off well," I asked, grinning.

"Awe, good. You guys were always close when you were younger," he said, wrapping his arm around me.

"Is that a yes?" I asked. He hesitated.

"Let is Drive you there, and then he can drive himself," he said.

"Dad," I whined. "I'm sure he's capable of driving. He's almost 17."

"Everleigh. If there is one thing you know about me, it's that I stand my ground," he started, staring at me. "If I make a decision, it's not going to change an hour later."

"I know," I said, sighing. I walked over to Noah and shrugged. "He said as long at he drives me it's fine."

"Why doesn't he trust me driving?" He chuckled.

"I have no clue," I laughed. I bid him a goodbye and head to my car.

"Okay. When you get there, don't talk to strangers. Stay with Noah. I'll give you some money, but change back won't kill. And do not leave and go somewhere else with him. When you're ready to come home, text me and I will come get you. Got it?" Dad asked.

"Geez, you've been practicing that lecture, haven't you?" I asked, staring at him. He shrugged.

"Just do what you're told. Did you even bother to ask Oliver if he wants to come?" He asked, whispering the last part. I shrugged.

"Oliver, want to come to the mall?" I asked. I knew he'd say no because he told me earlier he just wanted to go to sleep. I laughed at him and he pushed me.

We got in trouble.

"I'll pass. I'm tired enough to sleep a decade," he said. I nodded and watched as we pulled up to the mall.

"Remember what I said!" Dad said as I got out of the car. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, father," I grinned and shut the door. I walked towards Noah and grinned at him.

"Ready, darling?" He asked. My heart fluttered again and I nodded.

Psh.. My heart only fluttered because it was a bit nippy out here.

He's my cousin, guys.

Duh.

***

Hey guys!

What's up?

A lot of you liked my spray painting! Thank you for the lovely comments.

I have others I could show you if you want?

I'll put one to the top or side.

Any ideas? I'm using them:)

Thanks guys!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx