Chapter 22

"Uhm.. what's that?" I asked, frantically looking around. Noah's eyes widened and he jumped out of the seat.

"The food!" He yelled. I shrieked and ran to the kitchen with him. "Son of a bitch!"

Flames were flying off of the stove. The curtains were currently on fire as well as the pot. I froze. My feet were stuck to the ground and I couldn't move anywhere.

Finally coming back to my senses, I ran around searching for a fire extinguisher. There has to be one here somewhere.

"Where's the fire extinguisher?!" I questioned, opening and slamming cabinets.

"I don't know! There's no time, we need to get out of here!" Noah yelled. I rolled my eyes and continued searching. "Everleigh!"

"Just call the fucking firefighters! I'll find one!" I yelled. I opened the cabinet and found a cup. I looked to my left and shrieked when I saw the fire was so close to me, covering the faucet almost. "Bloody hell, man!"

There is to be some sort of solution. No fire extinguisher, no water since the fire is on the window above, stretching down to the sink. Maybe I could still reach the water.

I pleaded the cup under the faucet and went to turn on the water. I gasped when the handle was fire hot. Literally.

I flipped my hand over it a few times until water finally started to pour. "C'mon, c'mon. Hurry!"

Suddenly, I heard a cracking noise and the curtain on the window fell down straight on my arm. I screamed and quickly pulled my arm. Grasping it, I bent over and held it in pain. I started coughing and fell the the ground.

This hurts. I can't breathe, my arm in burnt up, and I can't put out this fire as it grows across the kitchen.

All because of macaroni. Who knew that could catch on fire.

I kept coughing as smoke filled my lungs more and more. I looked down at my arm and saw my sleeve burnt through and my arm raw.

"Everleigh!" I heard Noah shout. I coughed and tried to call back to him. I turned towards the kitchen entrance to see it blocked with fire. Great.

"N-Noah," I coughed.

"Alright, listen. They're on their way. I have no way to get to you. You need to get on the floor and cover your mouth with a cloth of some sort. There's more clean air near the floor than standing. They're on their way!" Noah said. I coughed and covered my mouth with my shirt.

Why were we so stupid to leave the kitchen? This is all our fault. Uncle Zayn's kitchen is practically done with - if not the house.

My eyes started to droop as I coughed more to clear my lungs.

"Fire department, call out!" I heard. My eyes opened slightly as I tried to yell out.

"In h-here.." I whispered, not being able to talk. I saw something such as and axe go through the wall where there was no fire. The whole WAS was being axed down as a firefighter punched through it. The kitchen table was pushed out of the way as I saw a firefighter come towards me.

He knelt down and quickly picked me up bridle style. He ran through the hole he created and made his way to the front door.

When we finally got outside, I was laid down on a stretcher as the paramedics started to work.

"Hi, love. I'm Gabbie, we're going to get you to the hospital, okay?" She said as she put an oxygen mask on my face. I nodded and closed my eyes.

"1, 2, 3 lift!"

***

Beeping. That's all I heard besides the soft chatter in the room. Though the beeping stuck out. Where was I?

Oh.. the fire. It all flooded back to me and I sighed. It's all my fault. Well.. our fault. We left the stove unattended.

I slowly opened my eyes to see everybody there in the room with me, softly talking. Noah was sitting there with his face in his hands while it looked like Dad and Uncle Zayn were arguing.

Everybody else was listening to them and trying to ease their disagreement. Oliver was sat with Noah and rubbing his back while trying to calm him down.

"I don't see how this is my fault though," I heard Uncle Zayn harshly whisper.

"You left them alone!" Dad yelled. Uncle Liam put his hand on Dad's back and rubbed it. Basically a gesture to quiet down.

"They're 16, Harry! They can't stay home alone?!" Uncle Zayn asked. I sighed.

"Guys," I croaked, my voice strained and husky. Nobody heard me as they kept arguing. "Guys."

Noah's head popped up and his eyes widened. He looked around and suddenly yelled, "Would you guys shut up for once and see that she's awake?!"

All of their heads shot up and looked at me. Dad ran to my side and started to do a 'check-up'.

"Dad.. stop," I groaned, pushing his hands away from me. He sighed and kissed my forehead.

"How did this happen?" Dad asked, pulling a chair next me me. Tears started to come up in my eyes and they fell over.

"I'm so sorry, Uncle Zayn. We caught your house on fire," I sobbed, putting my face in my hands and sobbing some more.

Uncle Zayn ran over and shook his head. "No, no, no. This isn't your fault, sweetie."

"Yes it is!" I yelled, or tried to yell with my voice. "We left the stove unattended while we were cooking."

"It's okay. I needed a new kitchen anyways, I was just too lazy to get it redone. Now I have an excuse," he said, cracking a small smile. I sighed but gave a small smile.

"How's your arm?" Uncle Niall asked. I looked down at my arm and shrugged.

"Burns a little bit, but that's expected. Did the doctor say anything?" I asked.

"He said there was third degree burns all over your right arm. Your lungs took in too much smoke but they should be getting back to normal with the mask and such," Dad said.

"That means I can go home soon?" I asked. He nodded and gave me a small smile.

There was a knock at the door and in came one of the firefighters. He gave us a small smile and waved.

"Do you mind if I speak to Noah and Everleigh for a moment?" He asked. Dad and them nodded and left the room.

Let's do this.

***

Ayooooo

What's up?

How're you?

Massive shoutout to @sexylikenarry for the idea of the fire! Thank you!

Send ideas!

I'm super tired and praying for no school tomorrow because we are having a 'massive' snowfall. I dunno

Thank you all!!!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx