Chapter 20

There was a knock on Olivers door but we stayed still. It was really warm and comfortable and I didn't want to get it. So I won't.

The knock sounded again before Oliver groaned and got up. I sighed and opened my eyes a bit to see Oliver opening the door for Dad.

Great. I forgot all about last night.

"Is Everleigh in here?" Dad asked, frantically looking around.

"Yeah. Why?" Oliver asked, yawning and rubbing his eyes a bit.

"Okay. She wasn't in her room and I thought she ran off or such," he said. Oliver shook his head. I sighed and stood up, going by Oliver. "We need to talk."

I shrugged. What does he think this is? Does he think he can hurt me and then talk to me the next day like it was nothing?

"Fine," I said, crossing my arms and walking to my room. I sat on my bed and watched as he did as well across from me.

"I was way out of line. And I'm very sorry for what I said to you," he started. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I just get so angry when I find out you've been acting up. You're my baby. You're my last child. I don't want you harmed or in trouble. I know that I can't protect you forever, but I will try."

"The only thing I need protected from is you, Dad. You're words cut like knives and it stings. Badly," I said, wiping my eyes. It's too early for this.

"I deserved that," he said, looking hurt. Maybe that was harsh.. but then again, he's hurt me far worse. "I will try to better myself. I can't apologize enough for what I did, and I will prove to you that I am sorry."

"It's fine. I just wish you would stop with the hurtful ways," I said, repeating what I want.

"I will. I promise," he said, bringing me into a hug. "You're not a delinquent. You're not stupid. You're one of the bravest and smartest kids I've ever met. I love you, sweetie."

"I love you, too," I said, crying a bit. I love him. And no matter how much I hurt from his words, it'll never change.

"But you're still in trouble for doing graffiti," he said, pulling away and giving me a look. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I know. I knew you would say something," I said. He nodded and smiled.

"What were you thinking? Honestly? I was right when I said you were brave," Dad said. I nodded.

"Skip the lecture? What's my punishment?" I asked. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"No electronics for a month as well as house arrest for two months. You cannot leave without one of us boys. Understood?" He asked. I nodded.

"Fair enough." So unfair.

"Alright. Breakfast is done, so come get some food," Dad said, poking my stomach as he got up. I giggled and stood to follow him.

We went downstairs and sat around the table with the others. It was a pretty silent breakfast. Kind of awkward.

"So, Eve," Uncle Niall started. I looked up and nodded. "What did you paint?"

I grinned and pulled out my phone since Dad forgot to take it.

"Hey!" Dad said, pointing and then laying his hand out flat. "Give it over."

"Let me show them first!" I whined, stomping my foot a little.

"Some things never change," Uncle Louis said, giggling a little. That was cute. He giggled. What the hell. I'm laughing.

I pulled up the photo I snuck and showed them. They gasped and stared at it.

"In that photo it's not completely finished but it's basically done. It basically saying how you should watch who you trust," I said. They smiled.

"That's a real piece of art. You're very talented," Uncle Liam said. I smiled.

"Thank you," I said. I passed the phone to Dad and him and Oliver looked over it.

"All though it's illegal and something you should've never done, that is amazing. Good job, love," Dad said. I smiled and reached for my phone back. "Nope. Mine now."

I groaned and angrily shoved a piece of bacon in my mouth. They all laughed and continued to eat and talk.

Some things never change. Preach, Uncle Louis.

***

Hiiiii

How're you?

I'm soooooo sorry for the short filler chapter. I don't know what else to write:(

Comment ideas!!!

Maybe if I get a good idea I'll update tomorrow too;)

Thank you all!!!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx