Chapter 39

"Who wants to explain what was happening?" Uncle Louis asked, leaning him elbows on his knees and interlacing her fingers together.

We all kept quiet. None of us knew what to say or how to say it. Dad is going to murder me. And cook me for dinner.

I can already feel the flames heating me up.

"How about you, Everleigh?" Uncle Zayn asked, eyebrows raised. I glared at him and looked towards my shoes.

Of course he would do this. Are you surprised? He knew this whole time, and is still out to get me in trouble.

"There's nothing to tell," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"That's a lie," Dad spat, his jaw clenched and his eyes glaring into my own.

"It's not-"

"You have five seconds, Everleigh," Dad said.

"Why are you acting like I'm the bad guy?! I didn't punch anybody like this twat!" I yelled, pointing to Oliver.

"Okay, Mary Poppins, you may need more sugar to help the insults," Oliver said, rolling his eyes.

"Enough. As of right now, you're both being twats," Dad said. I gaped at him. "Five seconds."

"Da-"

"Four."

"Come on-"

"Three."

"Fuck me."

"Watch your mouth, young lady."

"Make me."

"Two."

"Oliver walked in on me kissing Everleigh," I heard Noah say. I gasped and looked at him.

Why does he always blurt things out?

I looked at everyone and shrunk back. Uncle Zayn was just sitting there. Uncle Louis looked angry, but then he calmed down and shook his head. And Dad looked furious.

"I ca-"

"What?! You can explain? I'd like to see you try and get out of this one," Dad said, balling his fists and resting his elbows on his knees like Uncle Louis.

"It was one kiss, Dad," I said, picking at the skin on my neck.

"And that makes it better?! He's your fucking cousin, Everleigh!" Dad screamed. I have never heard him raise his voice this loud before.

"I know. I know. But we just-"

"I don't want to hear it. You guys kissed. Whether it be once or-"

"It was more than once," I whipped my head towards Uncle Zayn along with everyone else.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked.

"Dad. Come on," Noah begged.

"I caught them myself not too long ago. I told them that either they tell you within a time period, or I would. They were running out of time," Uncle Zayn said.

"So, you knew this whole time? And didn't even bother to tell us?" Dad asked. Uncle Zayn shrugged.

"You wouldn't believe me, mate. I was giving them a chance," He said. Dad sighed and nodded.

"You're right," Dad said.

"Dad, please. Hear us out," I said. Dad shook his head.