Chapter 43

"Oh my gosh," I muttered to myself as I saw Uncle Louis pull up to the police station.

I was not expecting this.

"Yeah. They called me and said he got into some bar fight," he said. I nodded, unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out of the car.

I followed Uncle Louis into the building and stood quietly as he spoke to an officer.

"He's in bad shape. I'm thinking we should make him stay overnight," the woman said, he radio going off only for her to silence it.

"That won't be necessary, officer. I think we can take him from here," Uncle Louis said.

The officer shrugged her shoulders and pulled out her keys. "Whatever you say."

She unlocked the cell and Dad came tumbling out. Uncle Louis caught him, thanked the officer, and we made our way back to the car.

"Need some help?" I asked, as I watched Uncle Louis struggle to put Dad in the back seat.

"Yup," he groaned out as Dad kicked him. "No violence."

"Don't tell me what to do, boobear!" Dad yelled, giggling like a child. Uncle Louis furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"He hasn't called me that in ages," he mumbled.

"Oh, Everleigh!" Dad said. I ignored him and tried to shove him in the car. He stopped and grabbed my face, cupping it with his hands. "Don't ignore me, young lady."

His grip tightened and I winced. I tried prying his fingers off but they wouldn't move.

"All right, enough," Uncle Louis sternly said, taking Dad's hands and pushing him to lay in the seats. We successfully got his legs in the car and closed the door. We let out a sigh and he brought his hand to my face. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Wasn't anything," I shrugged, walking over to my door and getting in the car.

"Everleigh you are pretty. Your mother and I made a very pretty baby," Dad said, leaning in between the driver and passenger seats. I felt his finger start to poke my cheek and I couldn't help but chuckled a bit. "And you have a dimple! OMG!"

"Did you really just said 'omg'?" I asked, laughing with Uncle Louis.

"Haz, try to get some sleep," Uncle Louis chuckled.

Dad gasped as he turned and looked at Uncle Louis. "Loubear! Wait.. Boobear? Who cares. Loubear! You're so pretty too! Maybe you're Eve's real mother."

I burst out laughing as Uncle Louis blinked, not knowing what to say. "Well, I'm not a girl, so no, I'm not her mother."

"But we could've been special, baby! Everleigh looks just like you too!" Dad exclaimed. He took my face in his hand and examined me. "She has your nose!"

"No, Harry. She has your nose," Uncle Louis said.

"Oh," Dad said, releasing my face and placing his chin on the seat. "I'm sad."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Loubear isn't your mother," he said, sniffling a bit. "Lou?"

"Yes, Harry?" Uncle Louis asked, gripping the steering wheel. You could tell he was getting slightly agitated.

"Will you have a baby with me?" Dad asked. I started laughing again and Uncle Louis chocked on his spit.

"Okay! We're home!" He said, getting out of the car. I decreased my laughter and followed his actions.

We got Dad out of the car and started for the house. Once in, we walked passed everybody's curious stares and went to Dad's room. We tucked him in and left the room.

"What a handful," I laughed.

"You should have saw him when he turned 18. Worst night of the lads and I's life," he chuckled.

"Dang. Well, good night. I'll see you in the morning," I kissed his cheek and went to my room.

I never would have imagined Dad being like that when he was drunk. I thought he would be mean, not funny.

There was a knock on my door before it opened and Dad tumbled in. He closed the door behind him and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Eve!" He yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows and flinched. His mood made a complete u-turn as I saw his angered expression.

"Uhm, let's get you back to bed," I said. He shook his head and started pacing the floor while tugging at his hair.

"No. I just remembered why I went out drinking," he said. He seemed almost as if he had sobered up a bit? Is that even possible? "You're dating Noah! Your cousin!"

I sighed, shaking my head. "Dad, go back to your room. It's late and we're both tired and I've heard this speech enough," I said, walking towards his and grabbing his wrist.

He pulled away, grabbed my shoulders and pushed my to the wall with force. I groaned as pain struck through my body.

"You went behind my back!" He yelled. "You started dating your cousin! You've been disobeying me! I didn't ask for this!"

"You think I wanted to fall for him?" I asked. Dad glared at me and didn't move. "You honestly think I didn't try to push away my feelings?"

He grabbed my chin and harshly squeezed it. "Doesn't matter now, does it?" He snarled. He pushed away from me and started pacing with his hands in his hair again. "God, I wish I never had a second child. If I knew you would be like this, I wouldn't have convinced your mother. I raised you to be a respectful young lady, and you do this! Why did I even have you?"

Tears welled up in my eyes and I sniffed a bit. "So, you don't want me anymore? Mum didn't even want me?"

"I can't do this right now," he said, storming out of the room and slamming the door.

I sunk to the floor and buried my face in my arms on my knees.

I guess I was wrong.

***

Hello hello

What's up?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

A lot of you are saying how he should slap her, but I don't really want that to happen.

I think it's too much and too far and stuff and idek what I'm saying lol.

Idk of that makes sense but yeahhh.

Thank you all so much!!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx