Chapter 34

"Everybody! Family meeting!" I heard Dad yell from the kitchen. We all walked in and I instantly spotted Uncle Zayn and Noah.

My eyes widened as I stared at Noah. Was Uncle Zayn going to tell? It's only been two weeks!

"Uhm- What's this about?" I asked, taking a seat and nervously fiddling with my fingers.

"We wanted to discuss something with all of you," Dad said. I looked at my hands and nodded.

"What is it?" Oliver asked impatiently. Dad chuckled and quieted him down.

"We were thinking..." Dad started. "How about a big family holiday?"

I let out a sigh of relief and started to smile. I need a holiday. I've been so exhausted from school.

Speaking of school...

"What about school?" I asked. Dad shrugged and looked at Uncle Liam.

"We're going to sign you out for a week," he said. I nodded and looked at Noah who gave me a small grin.

"And where are we going?" I asked.

They all smiled and shouted at the same time, "Australia!"

I let out a big squeal and jumped up and started dancing around. I've always wanted to go to Australia!

"We're leaving tomorrow. So, go get packing!" Dad smiled. I squealed and ran up the stairs.

We never really went to Australia on tour. Well, they did. But I always had to stay home with Grandma because they were only there a few days and wouldn't have time to roam around.

I pulled out my suitcase and started to pile clothes in it. Shorts, tank tops, shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, shoes, and more. I'm an over packer if you can't tell

I put in a few fancy outfits because I assume we'll be going to a few fancy restaurants or events.

There was a knock on my door and I looked up tot see Noah. I smiled and he came in, shutting the door behind him.

"Need any help?" He asked. I shrugged, trying to keep the smile off my face.

"If it comes from you, yes." I stated. He chuckled and came over to me, putting his arms around my waist and burying his face in my neck. "You know, this isn't much help. More of a distraction."

"Eh, oh well," he said. "Are you excited?"

"Was my loud squeal not enough?" I asked, laughing at him. He chuckled and I felt him shrug his shoulders.

He turned me around in his arms and I placed my hand on his chest, biting at my bottom lip. He hand came up and pulled it away.

"Don't do that," He said. I raised and eyebrow and bit it again. He tugged it away again and gave me a look. I giggled and leaned in, giving him a small kiss.

"Are you excited for the trip?" I asked, turning and organizing more of my stuff in the suitcase.

"Yeah. Just a little worried about my Dad telling and stuff," he said. I nodded.

"I am too. But he said two months. Maybe by then he'll forget," I said, shrugging.

I may be shrugging, but I'm freaking out on the inside. I don't want him to tell everybody.

If my Dad found out... he would kill me. He would take my head and hang it on the wall with the words, 'shouldn't have done that' underneath my head.

"I doubt he'll forget. I mean..." he started, running a hand through his hair. "It's my Dad. He doesn't forget. I just don't get it."

"Don't get what?" I asked, zipping my suitcase and sitting on my bed. I patted the spot next to me and he sat down.

"I don't get him. He said that it's nothing bad, but he doesn't agree with it. It's not incest, clearly, and we're not biologically related. And he knows that. Yet he doesn't agree with us or want us together." Noah said.

"I know... and it's not like we grew up knowing each other as cousins. We didn't know each other barely to remember anything." I said.

"Exactly. And that's why when we met, we were friends. Not cousins. And we fell for each other because we thought of each other as friends," he sighed.

"I know," I said, putting my arm around his shoulder and him placing his head on my shoulder. I ran my hand up and down his back and placed my head on top of his. "We'll be okay."

"I just... I don't want to lose you, Everleigh." He stated.

"You won't. Trust me. There has to be a way around this," I said.

"I know. We'll figure it out."

And we will.

***

Heyyy

Early update. I have a thing to do at my usual updating time lol.

How are you?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

When should it end? Around 45-50? Earlier?

This is my last daughter book!

I can't wait for you to see what else I'm working on:)

Thank you!!

Question: What is your age?

Comment ideas.

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx