Chapter 25

"Oliver!" I yelled, running towards him as he was laying on the field clutching his ankle.

"Shit!" Oliver groaned, smothering his face in the grass. I looked over and saw Dad kneeling down beside me.

"What happened?" Dad asked, moving Oliver's hands so he could examine his ankle.

"I was running towards the goal - as you saw - and this punk runs up and deliberately kicked my ankle hard!" Oliver exclaimed, sitting up but soon groaning and laying down as it moved his ankle. "I stepped on it wrong, causing it to twist as I fell."

"Who did it?" I asked, looking around to see the other team looking towards us.

"Everleigh, no," Dad sternly said, looking towards me. "Absolutely not."

"Who did it?" I asked again, ignoring Dad's requests and glares.

"Number 14 I believe," Oliver groaned out. I nodded and stood up, running over to the guy who wasn't facing us and was numbered 14.

"What's your problem?" I asked, grabbing his shoulder and turning him around to face me. He glared at me and smirked.

"Hey, sweetheart," he smirked. My eyes widened as I examined him. It's the exact guy who has been messaging me.

"What the fuck do you want?" I harshly asked. His eyes narrowed and he grabbed my arm, pulling me away from the group and behind a tree.

"I told you. You didn't meet me earlier, and this is what happens," he said. I gasped at him.

"Are you saying you broke my brothers ankle because I didn't meet you?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I didn't say I'm the one who broke his ankle," he said, looking around. I glared and shoved him. "Awe, don't be like that, baby."

"Are you kidding me? Stay the fuck away from my family, you hear me?" I asked, raising my voice at him. He shrugged.

"Do as your told and maybe I will," he said, turning and walking away. I grabbed his arm, his very muscular arm, and pulled him back.

"Stay away from me, and stay away from my family. Go that?" I asked, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

He laughed and shook his head. His facial expression changed when he looked at me and in a split second, his hand whipped up and struck my cheek.

My head turned to the side and I immediately started to taste the blood in my mouth. I grasped my cheek and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Maybe you'll learn to answer me and listen next time. I'll text you later, babe," he said, turning and walking back to his team. I blinked and blinked to get the tears out of my eyes, and slowly walked back to where my family was

"Where'd you go?" Uncle Niall asked, standing a bit away from everyone else with me.

"I went to talk to the guy who did this," I started, crossing my arms. "He's sorry."

That slap hurt. Bad. I don't even understand why he thought doing that would solve anything. The only reason I'd actually meet him and answer him is for the sake of my family.

He could beat me to the pulp, I don't care. Just as long as he doesn't touch my family.

I looked towards everyone else and saw Dad stalking over to me. He bent down a bit and stared at me.

"I directly told you not to go over there. What did you do? You went over there," he said, glaring at me. "We don't know that kid! He could've done that purposely and then hurt you!"

Too late for that.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just didn't like the thought of someone hurting my family on purpose," I said.

"Who said it was even on purpose? I'm not taking sides, but either way you wouldn't have known," Dad started, his lecture finally coming to an end. "Never disobey me like that again. Got it?"

"Got it," I said, nodding along with him. He nodded and turned back to the group.

After about ten minutes, we finally got Oliver in the car and made our way to the hospital to get some x-rays.

Fun.

My phone buzzed and I internally groaned, looking down at the lit up screen.

Don't mess with me, baby.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Why is he doing this? We don't even know each other!

Why are you doing this?

I waited for him to reply but it never came and soon enough we were parked at the hospital.

***

I've got to, love. You need to learn.

I sighed when I read that. We were finally home from the hospital and Oliver had to get a cast.

All because of this fucker.

I don't need to learn anything. You need to learn how to properly treat someone.

Knock it off.

You.

Alright, baby. If that's how you want to play.

What do you mean?

I'll give you another shot, before someone is shot. Meet me at the same place at midnight.

I have school tomorrow.

Does it seem like I give a fuck?! No, Everleigh.

How do you know my name?! Why don't I know yours?!

Mind your own business.

Lol, this kind of is my business.

Logan I guess you could call me.

I can't get a break, can I? I've had the worst month and this is just adding on to it.

What did he mean by 'shot'? Is he implying that he's going to shoot someone?!

How much more sick can he get? Threatening to shoot someone because I won't meet him?

Clearly I'm going to meet him, but I'll have to sneak out.. Dad will kill me if he finds out.

My phone buzzed again and I loudly groaned.

Midnight, baby.

***

Hey guys

How are you?

I feel like the last few chapters have been utterly crappy:(

Any ideas to help??

Thank youuuu!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx