Chapter 23

The firefighter brought a chair over and sat by my bed while Noah took Dad's old spot. "I'm Lieutenant Severide, my men and I pulled you out early."

"Thank you," I said, giving him a smile. He returned it and nodded.

"Do you remember anything that had happened?" He asked. I nodded and looked at my hands.

"We were making macaroni and cheese and we went somewhere for about 10-15 minutes and then the fire alarm went off. We caught the house on fire!" I said, tears spilling down my face.

"No, no. That fire wasn't your fault," the Lieutenant said. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him weirdly.

"How?" Noah asked.

"That fire was a grease fire. It happens when grease, or some sort of oil, is on something such as the oven that heats up. When the grease gets too hot, a fire starts and quickly, quickly spreads. Though, you shouldn't have left the stove on by itself, the fire was not your fault," he said.

"This morning, my Dad did make bacon and I guess grease splashed," Noah said. Lieutenant nodded.

"It can happen just by the smallest specks of grease," he said. I nodded. He talked for a bit more and got up to exit.

"Thank you so much, Lieutenant Severide. I would've felt guilty the rest of my life," I chuckled. He chuckled as well and nodded.

"No need. But don't leave the oven on by itself, kids!" He said, pointing a finger. We laughed and nodded to him.

Never again.

Everybody came back in the room and took seats around us.

"What'd he say?" Uncle Niall asked. I told them everything and they nodded along with me.

"So, it was grease. I was in too big of a hurry to remember to wipe it off. Fuck," Uncle Zayn said. Uncle Liam patted his back and rubbed it.

"It's alright, mate. We'll help you remodel," Uncle Liam said. Everybody nodded and he sighed.

"It's not even the fact that it needs to be remodeled. Leigh's arm is burnt up because of me," he said. I shook my head.

"Honestly. It's not your fault. We should've stayed in the kitchen," I said. He sighed but nodded.

"What'd we learn today?" Dad asked, looking at Noah and I. I sighed and stared at him.

Every time after we, Oliver and I, get in trouble, he always says, 'what'd we learn?'

"To not cook ever again in my life," I said, shaking my head. They laughed but shook their heads.

"See, sis. Leave the cooking and baking to me," Oliver said.

"No way. I love baking. You cook, I'll bake," I stated. He laughed but nodded. I turned back to Dad and nodded. "I learned to never leave the stove unattended again."

"Good," he said.

"But if that fireman will save me again, I may have to," I said, giggling. They gaped at me and chuckled.

"No way. You're not allowed to chase men," Dad said, putting his stern face on - though it was playful.

"Oh, come on!" I whined, looking over at all of them. I lingered my gaze on Noah and saw how he looked kind of.. angry?

"Nope. Not happening," Uncle Louis said. I sighed but nodded.

"I guess I'll refrain myself," I said, looking down sadly.

"Oh, stop," Dad started. "Let's get you ready to go home."

I nodded and made my way to the bathroom with some help from Oliver. I changed my clothes and came back out.

"The nurse if going to change your bandages real quick and then we can leave," Uncle Liam said. I nodded and sat back on the bed.

Here we gooo.

***

"I think I'm going to stay here for while," I said, snuggling into the couch with my fuzzy blanket.

"You go right ahead," Dad said, laughing and taking a seat by me.

I pulled out my phone, that I surprisingly still have since the fire, and sent a quick text to Noah.

To: Noahboo

-Hiii:)

My phone buzzed and I grinned, pressing the message. My eyebrows furrowed.

From: Noahboo

-What.

What's wrong with him? He didn't even put a question mark, he put a period. And that means he's serious.

(A/N bold and italic is Everleigh. Bold only is Noah)

-Are you okay?

-No. I'm kinda mad.

-And why is that?

-idk.

-Bullshit.

-idk maybe it's because you were literally drooling over that firefighter.

-omg Noah. He saved me. Get over yourself.

Is he really mad over that? I mean, he was cute, but he was also like.. 40? I literally find this so funny.

My phone buzzed but I just chose to ignore it. I exited to my home screen and searched for something to do.

My phone buzzed again and this time I looked at what it said. But it was from twitter?

I pushed the DM and furrowed my eyebrows.

From Unknown:

Hello, sweetheart:)

***

Hiiiii

How're you?

So sorry for the short chapter.

I didn't know what else to write.

Shoutout tooooo @Niallerxpaynobro for the idea! It's just began but will blossom the next chapter. Thank you so very much:)

Comment ideas and you'll get a shoutout!

Thank you all!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx