Chapter 31

"What are we going to do?!" I whisper-shouted towards Dad. He put his hands in his hair and tugged at it.

"I don't know! I didn't think it was a cop!" He stressed, watching as the sheriff barged his way in the building.

"Oh my gosh, he's coming up here!" I said. Dad took a seat on the couch inside and tugged at his hair some more.

"We're in so much trouble. Gosh... what's my Mum going to say?" Dad said. I stifled a giggle and held my hand over my mouth.

"What's your Mum going to say? Dad, you're an adult," I said. His head shot up and he cleared his throat, his posture straightening as well.

"I-I know that," he stuttered. "Plus, he won't find us up here. Psh, he doesn't even know which flat we're in." He said, pushing his lips together and waving his hand as a sign to shrug it off. "He'd be lucky to find us."

A loud, banging knock sounded trough the room and our eyes widened. "He found us!" I exclaimed. Dad stood up and started pacing the floor.

"What do we do?!" He panicked.

"Well, for starters, answer the door!" I said, giving him a 'duh' look and pointing towards the door. Dad sighed and went to the door, slowly pulling it open to reveal a soaking officer.

"H-Hi, officer," he stutters. He clasped his hands together and gave off a grin. "What can I, uh, help you with?"

"I want to know who threw a water balloon at me," the sheriffs deep voice boomed through the room. I came beside Dad and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Water balloon?" I asked, crossing my arms and leaning against the door frame. I made my voice sound higher and more posh as I spoke to him. "Who in God's name would do such a thing?"

"It came from the top floor," he growled. "I looked up and saw both of you standing on the balcony."

"I'm sorry, officer," Dad started. He was giving in too early. We were already going to get in trouble, might as well have some fun with it. "I didn't me-"

"He didn't mean for you to get so angry with him. I mean, come on, man!" I said, furrowing my eyebrows and raising my voice a bit. Dad looked at me with widened eyes and I gave him a look to keep quiet. I crossed my arms and looked back at the officer. "Do you know who this is?"

"Uhm, well-"

"I said, do you know who this is?" I firmly stated, cutting him off. He shook his head with furrowed eyebrows. "This is Harry Styles. You know? In the biggest boy band, a.k.a One Direction. He has been working his, pardon my language, ass off and needed a break. He has been doing interviews and traveling for his new single, Sign of the Times - which I'm sure you didn't know about - and he's tired. He only wanted to have a little fun and harmlessly throw water balloons off his balcony. But is he able, nooo. Because somebody wants to be a downer and get angry."

They both gaped at me, mouths hanging open and widened eyes. To be honest, I was shocked I said all of that.

"Uhm-" the officer started, scratching his head a bit. "You said Harry Styles?"

"I did. That's correct," I said, pursing my lips and keeping the 'bad girl' vibe that I am, hopefully, giving off. "What about it?"

"My son is in love with you and your band," the officer gushed, smiling widely. Now it was my turn to be shocked. I did not see that coming. First he's angry and now he's gushing happily? What?

"Really?" Dad asked, smiling. The officer nodded and grinned.

"Do you think I can get an autograph? Oh, goodness, he's going to be so jealous that I met you!" He said, his feminine side coming out. I softly giggled and watched the two exchange words and autographs. "Oh! Can I get a picture too?"

I giggled some more and took the phone that was shoved to me. I snapped some pictures and handed them back.

"Anything else?" Dad asked. The officer shook his head.

"Nope! Thank you so much. I can't wait to show my son and husband," the officer smiled. He leaned in and slowly whispered, "they both gush over your band daily. But don't tell my husband."

I laughed and nodded my head with Dad. "We would never."

"Thanks!" He said. Then his eyes widened and he straightened up. "Uhm-" he coughed, deepening his voice back to normal. "You're off the hook. Don't let it happen again."

The officer pointed a finger at us and walked away. We closed the door and just stared at each other with wide eyes until we both burst out laughing.

"What just happened?" I laughed, tears going down my face. Dad shook his head and squeezed his eyes closed.

"I have n-no clue," he laughed. "That was the oddest encounter I've ever been in with a cop. They usually ignore the fact of who I am, write me a ticket or whatever, and then ask for an autograph. None of them have actually gushed over me!"

"How does it feel?" I asked, cooling down my laughing. "How's it feel to have a police officer gush over you in front of you and blame it on his family?"

"Feels pretty good."

***

Hallo halloooo

How're you?

I apologize for the crappy updating.

My spring break is over on Monday and updates will then be back to normal! Woo!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

I was in no way hating on the cop or his cute family. I didn't want it to sound like Everleigh was making fun of his sexuality

Because she wasn't!

I think it's cute:)

Thank you all!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx