Chapter 44

He doesn't want me.

I'm not surprised. I've been nothing but trouble for awhile now.

I sat down on my bed and pulled out my laptop. The one my Dad thinks is broken.

I opened the messages and clicked on Noah's name. Typing a quick messaged and slamming the lid shut.

I think it's best if we end things. I'm sorry xx

It had to be done... If it wasn't, Dad would have done it sooner or later.

Everything is too difficult right now for me to worry about Noah as well as our relationship.

It would make everybody happy.

Maybe not me, and maybe not Noah, but my family. And I can't be happy unless they are as well.

I can deal with the hurt from breaking up with him, but I can't deal with my family giving me the cold shoulder every day.

I walked over to my closet, quickly changing to Uncle Louis' Amsterdam hoodie that I kept and black leggings.

Comfy leggings.

I quickly put on a pair of ankle boots and walked towards my window.

Growing up in this house, I've learned every twist and turn. I've never snuck out before, but I do know a way out of this window.

Behind our fenced in house is the woods. Dad never let Oliver or I beyond the fence, but that never stopped me. It stopped Oliver though.

I've only been out there once, but I was quickly caught before I could get any deeper in the woods.

But no one is stopping me now, considering it's very late at night.

I opened my window and let the breeze blow through my hair. It felt amazing outside.

I put my legs threw the window and reached out to grab a pipe. I used it for the most part, but it wasn't any help when it broke and I went flying to the ground.

"Shit," I whispered, clutching my ankle as I landed on it weird. I looked up at the house. "I'm in deep shit."

The pole literally detached itself from the house and fell. Wow. I never would have seen that coming.

I quickly stood up, limping as I walked over to the fence. I looked towards the end of the fence and counted back five pieces of wood.

When I got to the fifth one, I pushed the bottom with my foot and it easily came off the rest of the fence.

I snuck through and placed the wood back where it belonged. I'm not sure if that made sense, but that's my secret way I found when I was little to get to the woods.

I took off sprinting. Well, I tried my best to sprint with my ankle nearly falling off.

When I was in the woods, engulfed by the tall trees, I slowed my pace. I walked for about ten more minutes until I came across a tree. Not just any tree though.

This tree was beautiful.

It was pink. The trunk was a dark shade of brown while the leaves were pink. I've never seen a pink tree here in London.

I walked up to the tree and sat down beside it. It was breathtaking. I started to examine it, taking in every inch of the wood I sat by.

Until my eyes caught a glimpse of something carved in the tree, making me gasp.