Chapter 17

"Put the cans down, now!" One of the officers yelled. I dropped my can but Noah kept his by his waist.

"Noah, put it down," I whispered harshly. He looked at me and chuckled.

"Why? They can't stop this from happening; we're already finished," he said. I grabbed the can and threw it to the ground.

"Doesn't matter. This is the police," I gritted through my teeth. He sighed and faced the police.

The two policemen started walking towards us quickly and Noah and I stood there. Well, I was fidgeting.

"What in tarnation are you two doing?" One of them said, a thick accent that sounded from America. Country I believe.

"We were just.." I started, not knowing where to continue this statement.

What was I meant to say? 'Oh, we were just illegally painting. It's no big deal'? No, not going to happen.

"Graffiti. What else does it look like?" Noah asked, crossing his arms. I glared at him.

"Would you shut up?" I hissed. He looked at me and gave me a look.

"Remember, I've done this before, darling," he whispered. I gave him a 'so' look and glared more.

"You've got quite the mouth on you, son," the other officer said. He sounded super familiar..

They walked towards us more and took a look over out painting and us ourselves. I fumbled with my sleeves and rubbed my arm.

"I know," Noah said. What an idiot.

"What are your nam-" the familiar guy said, stopping his sentence when he glanced at me. He flashed his flashlight on my face and pursed his lips. "Everleigh Styles."

My eyes widened and I looked at him bewildered. How did he know my name? Do I know him or something?

"Uhm.. how do you know my name?" I asked, quietly. He chuckled.

"It's Mark, dear," he said. My eyes widened more -if even possible- and I looked at Noah.

"Mark as in One Directions 'where are we going today, Mark'?"Noah asked, staring at him. He looked a little nervous now.

Oh, so the bad boy has a soft side? Sure.

"Yes. What did you not know I was a policeman after their break?" He asked. I shrugged. He moved his flashlight to Noah and smirked. "Noah Malik."

"Are we in trouble?" I asked, looking down at my shoes. The other police guy looked at Mark and Mark dismissed his back to their car.

"I'll let you guys off the hook this once because of your fathers. If it ever happens again, you will be taken down to the station and fined. Maybe even a little jail time," Mark said, grinning when he saw my terrified face.

"Thank you so much," I said, sighing in relief.

"And you," Mark started, looking at Noah. "You need to learn to watch your mouth. Now, come on. I'll take you guys home."

My eyes widened again. Geez, if they widen anymore they'll pop out of my head.

Noah scoffed and we followed Mark to their police car. We got in the back and started to make out way to my house. I assume he's taking us both to mine instead of taking Noah to Uncle Zayn's.