Chapter 9

*Two weeks later*

"This is so funny," I said, laughing as I stared at my phone.

"What is?" Dad asked, scooting towards me. "You do know you're staring at a black screen?"

"Mhm. Yup. You know what this black screen shows?" I asked, looking at him. He gave me a puzzled look and shook his head.

"No?" He said, making it a question.

"It shows that Zayn hasn't text me in about a week. He text me once the day after the premiere, and then another time on Sunday. I knew I shouldn't have let him back in," I stated.

"Love, it's okay. He's busy," Dad said.

"Doing what though? Going to fashion shows for his new lover?" I asked, putting my phone down.

"I know. I'm sure he'll text you soon," he said. I nodded.

I highly doubt he will though.

My phone started buzzing and I looked down to see a FaceTime call. It's Zayn, what the hell. What a coincidence.

I started laughing and showed Dad. Dad laughed and shook his head.

"Hey," I said, answer the call. Zayn grinned and waved.

"Hey, love," he said. "What're you guys up to?"

"Were just chilling on the couch. Doing nothing," I said. He nodded.

"Why don't you guys all come over for dinner? I need to tell you something," Zayn said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Tell is something? Like what?" I asked.

"I'll tell you when you get here," he said. I nodded.

"I want to say hi," Dad whined. I laughed but handed him the phone. He smiled and waved to the camera.

"Hi, Harry," Zayn said, chuckling at him. I giggled.

"So, we're all coming over for dinner? You're telling what I think you're telling?" Dad asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You know?" I asked. He nodded and looked at Zayn.

"Yeah. Might as well," Zayn said. Dad nodded.

"Yup. I think it's about the right time," Zayn said while Dad nodded.

"Okay. Well, we'll be over around six, sound good?" Dad asked. I assume Dad nodded because they then hung up.

"What does he have to tell us?" I asked.

"More like tell you. But either way I'm not telling," Dad said. I whined.

"Uncle Louis?" I asked, looking at him. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Sorry, lovely," he said, laughing. I groaned.

"I'm not even going to ask you two because I know you won't tell me either," I said, laying on the couch upside down Donny head was on the ground.

"I was actually going to tell but since you don't wanna know," Uncle Niall dragged on. I glared at him and he laughed.

"Does Oliver know?" I asked.

"No. Now get up before your head explodes," Dad said. I shrugged.

"Guess I'll let it explode," I said.

But I'm actually starting to get a headache. Oh well, gotta prove my point somehow.

What even is my point?

"Everleigh. Get up," Dad ordered. I groaned.

"Why do you have to be so bossy?" I asked, sitting up against the arm of the chair and staring at him.

"Because I'm your father and you listen to me. My intentions are to keep you safe. How am I supposed to do that if I'm not bossy?" He asked, looking up from his phone.

"Politely tell me. And say please and thank you," I said, crossing my arms. He shrugged.

"I have to be your father, not your friend," Dad said. I nodded.

"You're right," I said. He nodded and went back to his phone.

*Two hours later*

"Everleigh! You have ten seconds to get down here or we are leaving without you!" Dad yelled from downstairs. I groaned and grabbed my phone, making a dash for the stairs.

Dad is always serious when he says things like that. He truly will leave. I know that because he's done it before.

I was so mad at him after that. He didn't seem phased though. He just shrugged and said, 'maybe next time you'll learn to listen.'

"I'm here, geez calm your trousers," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Roll them again, darling," Dad said, not even facing me. I gasped at him and looked at Oliver. Oliver laughed and shrugged.

"How did you know I rolled my eyes?" I questioned, putting my jacket on.

"I know everything," he simply stated, fixing his jacket and opening the door.

"Oh yeah? What's the square root of 676?" I asked, smirking at him.

He stared at me and smirked back. He slowly leaned in and whispered, "26."

We all got in the car and our driver started to drive up to Zayns. I looked at Dad and gaped.

"What the hell?! How do you know that?!" I exclaimed. I watched as all my Uncles laughed but Oliver and I just sat there looking bewildered.

"First of all, I'm a genius. And second of all, I don't want to hear anymore profanity out of your mouth. Clear?" He asked. I mentally rolled my eyes because he'd just get on me about that too.

"Crystal," I said, crossing my arms and leaning on Uncle Liam's shoulder.

"Good," he said.

When we arrived at Zayns house, we got out of the car and knocked on the door.

"Okay, but how did he know that?" I whispered to Uncle Liam. He laughed.

"Babe, your Dad in a maths wizard. That's where you got it from," Uncle Liam said.

"But that was a huge number. And square root is hard to do passes 144," I said. He shook his head and chuckled.

"Ask him," he said.

The door opened and I stared at who opened it. What the hell?

"Uh, who's that?" I whispered to Oliver. He shrugged and stared at the guy.

"Maybe he got a new butler? I have no clue," Oliver said.

"Uncle Harry! Hey, I haven't seen you in forever!" The guy said, hugging my Dad. "Same goes for you three too!"

He then proceeded to hug my Uncles. My Uncles. Who was this?

I don't know but he was kinda hot. God damn look at his jaw. And his cheekbones; holy hell send me to church.

He looked at us and grinned.

Wait, what?

***

Hey guys!

How are you?

Hope you enjoyed this chapterrrrr.

I will give a shoutout to a certain someone next chapter for giving me this idea. You know who you are;)

I already have about 4.9 basically 5k reads. That is unbelievable.

Massive thank you!

Comment who you think that is!

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx