Chapter 13

*One month later*

Today is the first day of school. Yay! I actually like school a little bit. But then again I'm saying that now. I'll change my mind next week.

Everybody always gets excited for the first day or so of school. But once it's truly in, it's torture.

So here I am, sitting at the table, drinking some tea and listening to Dad lecture Oliver and I.

"Dad, seriously? We get the same exact lecture every year. It's like you write it down and memorized it," I said, looking at him.

He looked down at his folded hands and coughed awkwardly. I gasped at him and started laughing.

"Wait, do you really?" Oliver asked. Dad sighed.

"That's not the point. The point is that-" Dad started.

"-we need to focus on school and stay out of trouble," Oliver and I said at the exact same time.

"Yeah," Dad said. "Now, go. Off to school. Have a great day! Love you!"

"Love you too!" We yelled, walking out the door and to the car.

"Have you talked to Noah?" Oliver asked as we sat in the car. He started it and drove off to school.

That's another thing. I haven't talked or seen Noah the last month. Same goes for Uncle Zayn.

Noah has called and text me a few times, but I haven't answered him. I'm can't wait to see him today.

"No. Have you?" I asked. He shrugged.

"We've texted a few times but that's it. He kept asking why you weren't answering him. Know anything about that?" He asked, taking a glance at me.

I sighed. I know I can trust him with my life. Oliver isn't really that super protective over me either. I mean.. he protective, trust me. But he's really only protective if something bad is happening or were to happen.

If someone is being mean or something, he's protective. But he really isn't that protective when it comes to guys.

Oliver knows that I'm 16 and he believes I'm old enough to be able to date. And I appreciate that.

"He kissed me," I stated. The car served and I grabbed into the dash quickly. "What the hell, Oliver?!"

"He kissed you?!" He screeched. It was a manly screech though.

"Yeah.. I mean, it's whatever and all. He just expects me to let it happen. He's so protective and it bugs me," I said, leaning against the window.

"Protective? Why is he protective?" He asked.

"We went to the park and ran into a couple of his buddies. They were hot," I said. Oliver laughed and shook his head. "Anyways, one of them, whose name was Grey, really caught my eye and I caught his as well, I guess. But Noah got jealous and yeah. Became protective."

"Ah. Well, you know what you should do?" Oliver asked, smirking at me.

"What's that?" I asked. He smiled.

"Date Grey."

***

"Where do you go next?" My friend Avery asked. I shrugged and looked at my schedule.

"You've got to be kidding me.." I said, gaping at my schedule.

"What is it?" She asked. I shook my head and stormed to my next class.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, going up to the desk.

"I teach here.. I forgot to mention that," Uncle Zayn said. I glared at him.

"You think?!" I whisper yelled. He sighed.

"I'm sorry. I won't make anything any different," he said. I nodded.

"I sure hope not," I said. I walked away and went to the back of the room to a desk.

He really knows how to make me mad. Did he not think to mention it? Did he think I would be okay with this?

"Hey! Eve right?" I looked up and saw Grey walking towards me.

"Hey! Yeah, that's me. Grey?" I asked, pointing. He nodded and took a seat next to me.

"You like art?" Grey asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. My uncle and I used to paint all the time," I said, leaving out the part where the teacher was my uncle.

"That's cool," he said. I nodded. "What was up with Noah that one day?"

"I don't know. We're not together or anything near that. He was in no place to act like that," I said. He nodded.

"Oh. He's your typical bad boy. He gets what he wants. I'd back away from him," he said and I nodded.

"Yeah but I mean.. you seem nice,," I grinned. He looked at me and smirked.

"Are you implying something?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know.. am I?" I asked. He laughed.

"Maybe,"

"Hey.. I lost my digits, can I have yours?" I asked. He laughed and nodded.

"Can I see your phone?" I laughed and handed it over. Guess my pick up line worked on him.

"Alright, let's start. I'm your new teacher. Don't bother calling me 'Mr' or anything. Malik, or Zayn works for me. 'Mr' makes me feel old," Uncle Zayn said.

"Can I call you Javaad?" I asked, having a small smirk on my face. I saw his glare at me and shake his head.

"No, Everleigh," he said. I shrugged.

Oh well.

***

"I just can't believe he's my teacher, Avery. I'm literally going to die," I said. She laughed.

"I think you'll be okay. Call him by his middle name though. That would be funny," she said. I nodded.

"I should. Maybe he'll quit," I chuckled. She shook her head.

"You're a character, you know?" She said. I nodded and smiled at her

"I'll see you later!" I said. She nodded and I walked into my next classroom. I took a seat and pulled out my phone, playing a game while I waited.

I felt someone sit behind me but I shrugged it off and kept playing my game.

"Can we talk?" I heard someone say. I turned around in my seat and saw Noah sitting there.

Great. I have a class with him.

"No. I don't have anything to say to you," I said. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, but I have an earful for you darling,"

Great.

***

Hey guys!

Sorry this chapter kinda goes everywhere.

We didn't have school today because it Presidents' Day or whatever. I don't really know nor do I care.

Tbh I think we should have veterans day off instead of Presidents' Day. But yanno. Who listens to me?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapterrrr!

Comment ideas and your thoughts!

Shoutout to @kurdi13nora I think I got that right.

You gave me the idea of him being her teacher I believe. I have to double check.

Thank you all!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx