•Chapter 16•

Bryson Pov

I sighed as I wrote down some lyrics. Right now I was waiting on Laylah to come because she said she was on her way.

Usually I'm at the studio with my homeboy Swan and the rest of the team but since it's Thursday they are busy with family shit and stuff like that.

Harley is staying with her mom for the weekend cuz imma be busy. I was about to start editing my song when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted. Then in came Laylah while talking on the phone.

"Yeah I'm fine i was probably just doing some work...yeah I'm free... alright..ok thank you for checking up on me Frank" she had this big koolaid smile on her face as she sat down next to me.

"Alright I'll call you later" she hung up the phone. And smiled at me.

"Hey Bry" we shared a small hug and I didn't want to let go only because she smelled so good.

"Sorry I'm kinda late. I had to handle a situation at the school plus I had to go home and change" she took a piece of her hair and put it behind her ear and sighed.

"Who were you talking to on the phone?" I asked

"A guy I met a few weeks ago" she shrugged

"Oh" I nodded my head.

"So what's this song you want me to hear"

"Oh right" I started playing the song.

After a few seconds she started smiling and bobbing her head to the music.

"Whats the name of this song?" She asked

"Keep you in mind"

"Is that Chris Brown!?"

"Yeah" her eyes lit up.

"You're so lucky" she whined.

When my part came up I started to mumble to the words.

"Tell me am I wastin time? Even though you say that you're mine. But youve been out here saying different. Talkin bout shit I say to them others. Girl you must of said no, must of said no, must of said oh no. But you don't feel the same oh no,no,no,no. I know you like it and girl i love your perfume. Girl it's all about you, let's light this fire up if it's room for two baby"

After the song was over I turned to look at Laylah. She was looking at nothing in particular.

"So..do you like it?"

"I love it. As soon as it come out imma add it to my playlist" she smiled

"I'm glad you like it. It took me forever to write that song"

"So when are you gonna put it out?"

"This weekend. I got a performance on Saturday so that's when imma sing it"

"Am I invited"

"Of course you gone be my good luck charm"

"Aw ok. How much are the tickets?"

"Don't worry bout dat. I gotchu"

"Nah you d-"

"Nah it's coo"

"Ok if you say so. Aye Bryson"

"Mh?"

"I heard you on the radio this morning."

"Oh for real. That was the plan"

"Plan?"

"Yep. I wanted you to hear me"