•Chapter 28•

Shout out to @Liyahs_heart for voting and commenting. I will do another shout out on chapter 30. So make sure you vote and comment.

Laylah Pov

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time to make sure I looked decent. I had a nice dress that my dad got me for my 19th birthday. Yeah it's been that long since I wore it. Im not a big fan about dresses but this is the less revealing one I have.

I had just got off of work and Bryson texted me and told me that he wanted to take me somewhere before we go to his grandma's dinner

I had just got off of work and Bryson texted me and told me that he wanted to take me somewhere before we go to his grandma's dinner. I was low-key nervous. Even tho we aren't together I wanted to make a good first impression.

I was glad that Bryson, Swan, Kc and Eric were going to be there because it would be very awkward with just me, bryson and his grandma there. Kayla was suppose to come but she has training to do for her new job so she won't get off until later.

As soon as I sat walked towards the kitchen to get a bottle of water there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it!" Ever since my uncle got out of jail I bought some extra locks just in case anything happens. I walked to the door and looked out the window. Then I opened the door.

"Why you ain't say nothing?" I stepped to the side and let bryson in.

"I ain't hear you. You know you got a baby voice. Well dont you look adorable" he cooed. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Are you ready?" I asked

"What? No thank you?"

"Thank you Bryson" I shook my head and grabbed my white purse and my phone.

"Your welcome Lay" he cheesed

"Why are you in such a happy mood today" I raised a eyebrow. I noticed his eyes were kinda pink. He lowered his hat on his head and shrugged.

"I don't know"

"Mh" I looked at him for a while longer. I examined him from head to toe and he looked fine af. He sat down on the sofa and pulled out his phone.