•Chapter 39•

Another throwback

Excuse any mistakes

Shout-out to SnoopTiny and qveen_mon for voting and commenting. Thank you! 😊

Laylah Pov

When I woke up a felt pain in my whole body. I heard somone talking so I turned my head and saw my dad, Kayla, Kyle, and Russel sitting in chairs surrounding me.

"Hey sis how you feeling?" Kayla asked as she rubbed my hands. She has dried up tears on her face. It took me a moment to actually say something because I had to remember what just happened.

"My body hurts" I groaned

"Thats because you just got out of surgery" my dad chimed in. "What happened?"

"... Dad I don't wanna talk about that right now" I sighed "Where is Bryson?" Everybody got quiet and looked everywhere but at me. That made me break down.

"Laylah" Kayla stared at me in my eyes and sighed. I was hoping they didn't say what I was thinking they were gonna say. If Bryson is dead I wont be able to live with myself mainly because it was my fault.

"They say that he might not make it. He got out of surgery and few minutes ago but they say he is not responding to anything. Im sorry" I cried harder and tried to get out of bed but my dad gently pushed me down.

"You cant get up" he said

"I need to see him" I cried

"The doctor isn't letting anyone see him right now"

I sat there crying my eyes out. This was all my fault. I shouldn't of ran out his house. I should've stayed there and talked to him. I was yelling at him and everything. This wouldn't be happening if I didnt go to that damn park.

"He was shot 3 times. Twice in his legs and once in his chest. It was 4 centimeters away from his heart. They say if he does wake up he won't remember anything because of-" Kayla was trying to explain but I didn't wanna hear none of that shit.

"I don't wanna know. This is all my fault" more tears came down my face as I tried to rub my eyes. I hate crying in front of people. It makes me feel weak.

"No don't say that" my dad said as he gently brushed my hair with his hands. "This is not your fault"

"Yes it is. I should've stayed with him instead of running out. That was suppose to be me. My uncle was aiming for me but instead he got shot. Bryson had nothing to do with this" I cried harder.

Kyle just sat in Kayla lap and watched me. He had no idea what was going on.

"Don't cry auntie Lay" his small hand wiped my tears. That only made me cry more. If Bryson doesn't make it Harley wont have a dad because of me. I can only imagine how Harley is feeling right now.

"I cant help it Kyle" Russel just sat in the chair staring at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He was just biting the inside of his jaw like he always do when he is thinking.

"Thank you" I said to him causing him to come back to reality.

"No problem. Im glad just was there. Why were they doing that to you anyway?"

"Its a long story" I sighed. Right now I just want to see Bryson but I know I cant do that.

"Uhm. The police will be in here in a little while to ask some questions" my dad said

"Ok" A second later Eric, Swan, and KC walked in with Teddy bears in their hand.

My dad looked at them like they were crazy. I never introduced my dad to Bryson or his friends because we weren't dating long enough and I didn't think it was necessary at the time.