Confident

Five.

It's the next day.
I'm in hair and make up as I'm getting ready to go back on set.

"Despite what's all over the internet and the news, we have to continue shooting. Let's just try and run through the whole thing today."

I got up out my chair as I started to walk over to my spot when Colin pulled me aside.

"Cailin, listen. What's ever going on with Justin, please just keep it strictly business. This guy's been through a lot and the last thing he needs is the media up his ass for another irrelevant story that isn't true. Got it?"

"Got it. You have my word." I replied.

"Good. Alright everyone, places."

I stood in my spot nervously.
I didn't want to cause trouble.
Besides this is half my fault,
he's the one who invited me
over.
But I was the dumb ass that went,
I thought to myself.

We did the scene over with me walking past Justin then moved on right into the scene with us talking.

I drop the bag of Takis on the counter and start to speak;

"Hello?" I said tapping the guy on the head.

"Huh? Oh."

Justin begins to whistle and stands next to me.

"What's up."

"Hi."

"Hi, my name is Justin-"

"Hi."

"And I saw you walking and I-"

"What? What?" I said smiling.

"Are these takis?"

"I love takis!"

"No. I'm just kidding. W-What are takis?"

"There like little Cheetos-"

"Like-"

"Oh."

"I'd like to taki, to you on the phone. So I'm gonna need that number."

"Your gonna have to try a little harder than that."

The music continued playing.
After that scene we continued
with Justin and his back up
dancers and me walking away
and driving off on my motorcycle.
Then Chance's part,
then the whole kissing scene.
It's just business.
Just keep a poker face and act
like nothing happened.
Because it didn't nothing happened.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that Cailin.

"Alright everyone, take a break." Colin announced as I went back to my chair and grabbed my phone as the make up artists gave me a quick touch up.

"Cailin, someone's here to see you."

"Who is it?"

"Hi Cailin, I'm Hanna Moore, I'm with Hollywood Access. I'd like to have an interview with you and ask some questions. Here's my number, please call me if your interested. We'd love to hear your side of the story."

"There's no sides? There's not even a story." I responded confusingly.

"According to Justin's side there is one. You don't pay attention to the news much do you?"

"You know what, that's perfectly fine. Just remember to call." She said and walked away.

"Hi, who was that?" Justin asked walking up towards me.

"Some interviewer trying to make me sell 'our' story" I responded.

He laughed.

"Bullshit. Are you going to do interview?" He asked curiously.

"No."

"Good. Wouldn't want to cause trouble."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing. I was just saying. Hollywood isn't as nice as it seems and a little interview like that can make or break you."

"It's not like I haven't been broken before. All we did was kiss, is that what they want to hear?"

"Keep your voice down."

"Oh, I know what this is. Your scared to admit what happened to the press because of Selena-"

"What? No, I told you already I'm moving on. Your the one who freaked out and wanted to leave after I kissed you."

"Only because I tried to kiss you at the bar and you sure as hell rejected it!"

"Cailin!"

"No. I love my job but I'm not going to throw it away for some shit like this Justin, I won't. We have to do music videos together for a while now for each music journal you choose to decide to make a music video for, if we keep doing this and something does get out, what are you going to do then?"

"Tell the trut-"

"Tell the truth? Okay, so why are you scared to tell the truth?" I asked.

He remained quiet.

"What are you afraid of?" I asked.

"I'm afraid of the thought that I lost her... the way she smiled when I complimented her, the way her cheeks blushed when I kissed them softly, the sound of her voice, and the way she felt in my arms. If I let someone in...they'll erase us. I'm afraid of losing that."

"You won't erase it. If anyone should know that, I do."

"Alright guys, let's go through this scene one for time."

"Places!"

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

After going through it again, we looked over the footage and went to grab our stuff.

"Cailin, I'm sorry about everything that's happened so far." Justin said coming up to me.

"Yeah, me too." I replied and walked out of the building.

I continued walking down the block
and started thinking.
My mind was telling me to call her.
Call her back.
Do the interview.
As long as it's the truth, it's not going
to hurt anyone.
It could be fun?

I grab my phone out of my bag along with Hanna's business card and started dialing her number as waited for her to answer.

"Hi Hanna, yeah it's Cailin. What time can I come in for that interview?"

"Right now?"

"Okay."

"Alright."

"Bye."

Cailin, only if you knew what you've gotten yourself into.
It's you against the world.
Don't fuck it up.